Friday, October 31

Hope the Dragon

Well I finally finished her costume in time for the holiday. I actually finished the costume the night before Halloween and it was so late when I was finished with it that I didn’t get to put it on Hope until Halloween day. At least I was ready with it and I think that she did some growing during the time that I was making it because I am going to have to adjust it for next year already. That is if we use the costume ever again. I really tried to make it adjustable but I don't know how well it will work in the future though.
Here is what she looks like from the side. I do think that it turned out really cute. It sure was a lot of hard work but looking at it you wouldn’t be able to tell that.
Hope even looks cute with the back of her costumes view and it is also a much better shot of the wings. I do love how the wings turned out and when she would shake her body the wings would fly all over the place. It was really cute to watch her trying to fly, as my dad said.
She was so excited to go on a walk tonight and show off her costume too. I wanted her to be able to walk around so that she could get some more exercise for today but also so that she could get use to seeing more people around. Sometimes she can be very shy and I really want her to get over that. I do think that she is really good at being patient while everyone is getting ready to leave for trick or treating. She was helping my nephew, Matty, walk from house to house safely. What a great body guard.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a cute little dragon!!!! The costume looks great!!!! Hope loves it too!!!! Good job Monica!!!

Monica said...

I think that she is a very cute dragon and she is a nice one too. I was really worried that the costume wouldn't turn out right but almost everyone that we talked to knew that she was a dragon so that made me feel a lot better. Hope really loved the costume, especially when it kept her dry from all of he rain that night.