You can see that Michael and I were picking out a lot of pumpkin seeds from the left over mess and it was hard because the seeds wanted to slip out of our hands. We tried to get a lot of the pulp off and I think that we did pretty good too seeing how slippery it was. I still can’t believe it but some of the seeds that we had pulled out of the pumpkin were actually beginning to grow! Like roots and leaves were already coming out of the seeds! So we really couldn’t use those ones for our baked pumpkin seed recipe but we did joke about growing a pumpkin indoors because they had already started. I’m just glad that all the seeds got baked.
The best part of the entire process was washing the seeds, well at least for me it was. I had so much fun playing in the water that I really felt like a little kid again. I think this would be a really fun part for a child and probably the most worth wild part of the process for them too.
After we were done washing the seeds we let them dry out on a clean dish towel. This sure did take a long time so it is very good to find another fun activity to do while you wait or else your kids are going to be going crazy.Once the seeds are dry you can start the cooking process. I tried to combine two recipes into one. Here is my version of the baked pumpkin seeds recipe. Recipe:
-1/2 cup melted butter for 2 ¾ cup of pumpkin seeds
-salt (put on as much as you would like for your taste buds)
-Oven on at 275 degrees. You will bake the seeds for about 40-50 minutes (watch for the seeds to turn a nice golden brown color and also make sure that they are crispy too)
-You can put other seasons and spices on your seeds if you don’t want just plain baked pumpkin seeds (I did half plain and the other half cinnamon/nutmeg).
Here is how mine look after all the baking is done. The bag on the left is plain and the other bag is what I tried to do for the seasoning (cinnamon/nutmeg). Michael says that they turned out fine and I think that he might be the only one to eat them. I will have to wait and see if I can get other people in my family to try them out.
No comments:
Post a Comment