Thursday, October 16

Special Dinner

Today Michael came home and wanted to make me lunch which was really sweet of him because it was an hour past lunch time when I had finished helping my mom in her flowerbeds. He asked me what I would like to eat but I really couldn't think of what sounded good enough to have right then. So he decided to make me a pizza and he also actually made the pizza from scratch! He really is a great cook and I love it when he cooks for me too.
Well to be honest I did help him make it because we both really like to cook together. We actually haven't cooked something together in a really long time so that made this pizza even more special to me. Also, once again, Hope supervised (there is no way that she could actually help nor would I let her either). But she was so tired from playing really hard in the yard today that she really didn't even do that much supervising of us.
Michael got the recipe online and it said that it was for an Italian style pizza which I was actually looking forward to trying because I had never had one before. So we tried it and it was actually a very soft dough pizza recipe or at least that is how it turned out. So if that is the kind of pizza that you like you should try the recipe.

-Put 1 tablespoon of yeast in 1 cup of warm water
-Mix into a large bowl:
-3 cups flour
-1 teaspoon salt
-2 teaspoons sugar
-2 tablespoons olive oil
-After yeast has raised mix it also into the larger bowl and knee the dough into a ball. Cover it and let it sit in a warm place until it has doubled in size.
-After the dough is done raising turn your oven onto 375 degrees and cook your pizza for about 17-20 minutes (It may help to put a little butter on the pizza before you put it into the over so that it will turn a nice golden brown color).
-Now all that is left is to eat your pizza and enjoy once it is done cooking. You can even make bread sticks too which is really good with sea salt on them if you have any.
This is a picture of the pizza after it is done cooking along with our bread sticks. They really didn't brown to much for us so we will have to see how we can improve upon the recipe for our family. One major difference with our pizza though, which could have affected a couple things with it, that isn't in the recipe is that we made it stuff crust because I really like that kind of pizza. That is why the crust looks so thick and puffy. End the end, even though Michael was trying to make me lunch, it ended up becoming dinner for the entire family. Everyone said that they really like the recipe so maybe we will just have to make it again. It is fun to try out new recipes every now and again.

No comments: