Thursday, October 16

Elephant Rock

I wanted to through a nice surprise date for Michael. So I decided that it would be a great time to go on a hike to Elephant Rock. I didn’t know how long the hike was but I packed a lot of water and dinners for us to eat at the rock or at a nice place to stop on the trail. We had been on the trail only one time before and hadn’t walked all the way to the rock but I didn’t think that it would be that bad. Well of course Hope was going to come with us and it was a great time to test out her backpack. I packed her up with almost everything that we normal pack for her and figured that she would be okay for the little trip that I was planning. Well when Michael came home he was surprised but had a feeling that I was going to be doing something like this today and normal he is always right when he gets a feeling like that. So we went on the hike anyways and it sure was a lot of fun, at first.
Here is the first sighting that we have of elephant rock and yes it is the small thing to the right of the picture. They say that it doesn’t really look like and elephant. The reason that they call it that is because it is very large. I think someone should carve it to look like a elephant to make it a little more fun.
Hope fashioning off her new backpack that actually broke! This is our first time using it and a major part on the bag broke! We were still able to use the bag for her but we had to check on her a lot to make sure that she was okay carrying it. She is also styling her new boots that we got to help protect her feet in the snow. I am really glad that we got them although they are sometimes hard to keep them on but what can you do when you have a small budget.
The picture we got of us on the trail is crocked but what can you expect from a photographer that is a fallen tree branch and that was very thin too. As you can see it was starting to get dark and we actually got caught later in pitch black darkness. It was a little scary but I was glad that I had thought ahead to bring two flash lights and we did use both of them to get out of there. So we really didn't get to eat dinner that I had made and poor Hope was scared too because she could hear noises but she couldn't really see anything and neither could we for that matter. The trail was also really hard to walk on because there was mud and thick pieces of ice and large puddles too. So I don't think that I ever want to go on that trail again unless it is really early in the morning and with at least twenty people with me or at least really strong people. I am just thankful that we got out of there safely and none of us were hurt too.

No comments: