Friday, October 17

Funny Pick Up

Since my mother and I have been working at cleaning out all of the flower beds we have had to use a lot of trash bags. Since we had so many we put them in the front flower bed by the street so that we could easily pack them into the car and take them down the street to this dump pick up thing that they are only doing for two days (today being one of them). Mom wanted to wait for my father to do it but was actually surprised when a man and his boy knocked on my mothers door and said that they were with the trash collection service and that they were going to take her trash or else they were going to have to give her a ticket for leaving it in the front yard. The men were of course teasing her but they insisted that they take the bags for her and drop them off at the dump off area down the street. She tried to thank them but the older man just said that she didn’t need to thank him because he didn’t want to give her a ticket. I just thought that it was so sweet of these men to do that for her because we had been working really hard on the yard and I was really tired of lifting the bags. I also thought that they had asked/told my mother that they were going to do this service for her and that she didn’t have a option of that either. I am really grateful that there are some very good hearted people in this world that just show up at your door, literally!

No comments: