Here is what it looks like broke. You can see that the piece of fabric the manufactures picked was way to weak to support anything and on top of that they only based stitched it! That is just crazy to do that on something a dog is going to be wearing.
So to fix it, Michael and I chose a type of material that was flexible but also strong. I then did a really tight stitch and went over it multiple times so that it wouldn’t fall out again. I also have made the fabric wider than the original but the original is still there. I have incased it in the other material.
Here is the other fun thing that I have been working on, her Halloween costume. These are just some of the patterns and ideas that I tried to go through before I made it. I picked to make the bottom picture of the dragon costume. I really don’t like making my own patterns but I am grateful that at least I know how to do it.
This is what I have so far on her costume. The spikes took me a long time to figure out how to make them stand up on there own and look good too. Michael has been helping me with her wings so that they will hang up a little bit to look like she is flying sort of. I also love how he gives me input and his opinion on how it can look. I really do love how he is so kind as to help me with any project that I am working on and because it is important to me it is also important to him. So that is an up to date report on what I have done for her costume. I will still take a picture of her in it when I am finished so that you can see how cute she looks in it.
2 comments:
Whoa! You are good!!! That looks really awesome!! I can't wait to see what it looks when it is finished and on her. I'm sure the Hope will love it!!!!! I'm really glad that you are dressing her up for halloween and i know she will love all the attention that she will get from that adorable costume. Maybe when I have kids I will have you make their costumes for them (wink). Only if you want to of course :) That looks awesome!!!!
I'm so glad that you like it! A lot of people that I have shown it to say that it is, "silly," and "corny," and pretty much "stupid to dress her up." So I really appreciate the positive attitude about it. It looks really cute on her when she wears it and Michael thinks that she looks cute too. All that is left to finish is the wings and then I'm done! I really do think that she will just love Halloween and we are going to be giving her a couple of her own treats too but not to many because I don't want her to get sick. I really have had a lot of fun making the costume and I probably would love to make costumes for little kids too (so no worries).
Post a Comment