Saturday, December 20

On The 20th of December

On the 20th of December Brandon, Michael and I..........
built gram cracker houses (yummy).
Something that is just fun to do in the holiday season is to make ginger bread houses but when you are poor you have to give up on somethings like the ginger bread. Michael and I were not sure if we were actually going to be able to make a little ginger bread house at all this holiday but today was just such a wonderful day that we just had to do it.Here is all of of the things ready to build our lovely homes. We did actually have a couple of other things like sprinkles and a cutting board and knife to help too. I love the look of tidiness before the craziness happens.Michael is happily working away on his little home. I sure hope he can fit all of his stuff into that tiny little house, well maybe not but it sure will be fun for him to eat.I think for all of the construction work that is going on and will all of the options that we had to help develop our homes we did pretty good at keeping the mess down. What do you think?Brandon just started to build his house when we were getting close to finishing with ours but it was still so much fun to have him come and build with us. I don't know how or why but once he joined in the fun we all could not stop laughing and making jokes about building our houses.When Michael and I started with our houses we had a hard time getting them to stand up because the icing was still so soft but even then we were trying to go really fast so that it didn't become to hard to become unworkable. Brandon came at a perfect time because the icing was at a great stage to hold things but then Brandon got this wonderful idea to actually use pillars inside of the house to give it extra strength. I am so going to use this idea the next time so my house can be stronger too and maybe easier to deal with as well.Here is what my house looks like all finished. I just love how it turned out and it was so much fun to do even when it threaten to fall in on me a couple of times but it stands great now.Here is what the back of my house looks like. I think the back of it looks pretty cute too.I did my roof in a way so that you could put a little tree with presents inside of it. Don't you think that is what it looks like? Ok, really use your imagainations here.This is what the front of Michaels house looks like. I just love how he did his door. He also had a lot of fun with the icing if you can not tell.Here is what the back of his house looks like. I know I married a really great builder, especially when it comes to gram cracker houses.The front of Brandons house. I still can not believe that he was able to get it to stand up so tall and he didn't have as much stuff to work with as Michael and me.Brandon house backside and I just love the little blue dot in the center.Here is the finished village of Brandon, Michael and mine town. It is so cute and I just love how all of our houses turned out but we still were not able to agree on who had the best looking house because we just loved all of our own houses so much. We are so going to have to make this a fun family tradition when we have kids. Even though it is a little messy it is so worth all of the fun that we had together.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks like so much fun!! It's not that expensive either!! I love making gram cracker houses!! Yours are all so creatively made. Good Job!!! I usually end up eating all the candy and stuff before I can build a house though :)

Monica said...

It sure was a ton of fun to do and I do know that it can get expensive if you get way into it but we were really good at staying under our budget. Michael really likes the houses made out of ginger bread but I like the gram crackers more but I'm sure that one day we will find a way to make both of us happy. Michael also wanted to make just one big house but I really wanted to have my own to design and eat as well. We did end up eating a lot of the candy while we were working on it and that is another reason why Brandon did not have a lot to put on his house. Once he started though we did stop eating the candy but as you can see there still wasn't to much left for him.