Friday, December 5

On The 5th Day of December

On the fifth day of December Hope and I.........threw a birthday party for Michael.
Today was Michael birthday and I had a lot of special things planned for him. I was a little worried yesterday that something might go wrong today but luckily for me everything went perfect. I got up early this morning and made him breakfast in bed so that he could enjoy his special day. I was also really glad that he didn't have to go to work at all today and he also didn't get called in either which is amazing because normally they call him in on his days off. So then after he was finished with his breakfast I took him to the temple to do a session which was just a wonderful way to have our day start. Then we took Hope to the dog park and there was actually a lot of dogs today for her to play with so she got really worn out which was wonderful. We then came home and I made him a cake, chocolate (his favorite). Then we went to Barns & Nobel and he got to use a gift card for there that he got for his birthday today. After that we came home and put Hope to a early bed and I took him out to dinner at his favorite restaurant, Olive Garden. We were actually really amazed but as soon as we walked threw the door we were able to be seated! It was a great dinner and we actually didn't have a lot of left overs for once. Finally it was time to come home for the fun part....Birthday Cake and Presents! His cake actually has that many candles on it. I just had fun trying to make out the number of his age on the cake and I don't think that it looks to bad either. This was also the best cake that I have ever made too, go me!

I am so amazed that he was able to blow out all of the candles and he still had enough air to blow out more too. Maybe it helped to have all of the candles a little closer together then what I would have done normally. Now that we are done with the cake, and it was very yummy too, it is time to open up presents from the family. Hope decided that she had to make sure that he did it right so she is supervising. Ok, she just couldn't help herself and had to put her head into the wrapping paper to make sure that he got everything out of it, which he did. I don't think we are going to have any problems with her opening up her own gifts at Christmas but she may become more interested in the wrapping paper than the actual gift. For Michael's birthday I made sure that Hope looked extra special for him and put a pretty bow on her. I think that she looks really cute and a couple of people that we meet at the dog park thought that she had just finished with the groomers. Best compliment to me ever!!! Even Lilly got to be a part of the party and got up on her rock so that she could see Michael open up his gift from her and Hope. She loves him so much and really enjoys watching him and listening to him. It was just a wonderful day and I am so glad that everything went so well and that he loved every moment of his birthday today too.

No comments: