Thursday, December 4

On The 4th Day of December

On the fourth day of December two little mischievous sisters.........
discovered the gifts under the tree.
I knew that this was going to be happening soon but I didn't think that Lilly would be the one to start it. Hope has always been so curious about everything that I thought that she would be the first one to go for the gifts and try to figure out what they were but Lilly beat her to it. I think the reason though that Lilly was the first one to the gifts is because this is not her first Christmas so she knows what is going on and how those boxes under the tree is a wonderful thing.
We were cleaning Lilly's tank and any time that we do that we let her walk around the room to get some special exersies and I didn't think that she would go for the gifts but it was the first thing on her list to check out.
She is trying to find her present under the tree and she found my brothers instead but I think that she is going to try and claim it as her own. I was also really worried that she would try and swim in the trees water which she did actually try to do but I was faster then her this time. Hope also thought that the trees water was for drinking but she didn't make it to the water before I got to her so the tree is safe for the day. I'm going to have to watch these two very closely.
Now they both are looking for their gifts! What funny little girls, they sure love to do a ton of things together even trying to peak at the gifts. I am sure that they are going to have a very hard time waiting for Christmas day to come when they can finally open up their presents.
Ok since they couldn't leave the presents alone they had to have a little time out. Michael and I put them tail to tail so that they couldn't talk to each other and sneak back to the gifts. They sure do have cute little tails!
Now that they have served their time and learned to leave the presents alone we let Lilly play on some wrapping paper that hasn't been used yet. I think she loves the sound that it makes but I know that she was also frustrated that she can't open up anything. Hope also found a toy that was already open and hers to play with as a distraction from the presents under the tree. I am going to have to think of several things to keep these little girls entertained until Christmas morning. Any ideas because I could always use more.
.
*Also to let you know that Jenny passed away this evening from being sick for a couple of days and we are going to miss her but we are happy that she is going to be with her brother Amos again.*

No comments: