Wednesday, December 31

Shipley's Go To Temple Square

It was so exciting but Michael's family were able to make it down here to visit us and other family members and so we got to see them and hang out with them on Monday this week. We have not seen them for awhile and have missed them a lot so it was a very special thing for Michael and I. So, again we got a puppy sister for Hope (my dad) and went out for the night. First we all ate dinner at Olive Garden, a favorite restaurant in the family.If you can not tell we love to take pictures in our family and that is what we were all doing at the table. Taking pictures and showing pictures too. Maren and Gary both got caught by Michael's mad picture taking skills!After dinner we went and walked around Temple Square to see the beautiful lights that they have up right now. We went inside the tabernacle and it is still as beautiful in there as it ever has been before.Here is us Shipley's together (except Mark is on his mission in Brazil and Robert couldn't make it). From the left to the right it goes: Maren, Me, Michael, Mom, Dad, Julie.Michael and I really liked how bright the lights were and I loved the pink lights so Michael and I had to get a picture with one of the trees that color. I'm just glad that earlier that day Michael had found a really great sale on some nice gloves and was able to get them for me. Finally, my hands will no long be cold!Another thing that was great about this night was that Michael and I was finally able to meet Julie's boyfriend. They are so cute together!It was wonderful to do this together as a family and I love how the last thing that we saw was this of the nativity that they have at temple square. It just looks so beautiful on the water and all with all of the lights everywhere. It just has a nice sense of peace that comes with it.The lights sure was beautiful this year, like they are every year but it was so nice to do this together as a family. I'm just glad that we are going to be a family forever.

No comments: