After Michael and I finished that one large flower bed that is in front of our patio fenced area I did not want to go out and finish the rest. I needed a major brake from it because I was so sore. Well I didn't get to have that brake. Michael was encharge of the FHE activity the next Monday and picked to go back and work in the yard again. Yeah, I wasn't to happy about going back to work out there but I still enjoyed our time together. We started work on the flower bed that was on the other side of the large one that was also close to the front door. It too had a ton of rocks and roots that we had to pull out but not as bad as the big flower bed that we had finished. Once that one was done we started on the smallest flowerbed of all which oddly enough ended up being the worst of them all too. Now you may be think, how could it be worse then the first one that we did with it being smaller and all? It was worse in that as soon as you hit an inch deep you were stopped by a terrible web of roots. It covered the area so badly that you really didn't see much dirt at all. I had no idea that a pine tree could be that bad. Michael did all of the work in getting the roots out of it and sure was sore for it too. With the top root layer gone we would still come across quite a few more root webs just thicker roots but at least not as dense. Then when we would come across a rock (I can't believe I'm saying this) I was actually happy to see it. I don't know why but at one point I actually started to collect the rocks. I was thinking that we could paint on them and that was why I was keeping them but I really didn't know why I was doing it. At least Michael didn't mind me doing it though (he probably thought it was cute or something). Somehow we did clean out that flower bed and get it ready to plant flowers in. I was so thrilled! It did take us several days to do but at least it got finished. I also love the new flowers that we planted too. I thought you would like to know the names of the new ones too so here it is. We got some: Camelot Foxgloves, Speedy Sonnet Yellow Sanpdragons, Speedy Sonnet Crimson Snapdragons, and Volcano Ruby Phlox Paniculata plants. I sure did love how they all turned out looking in the flower beds though.
As you go out the front door you get to see the pretty Snapdragons that we got. I have always loved Snapdragons. Another thing that we did was move some Daisy's that we had planted in one of the flower beds. They are now in the white flower pot and are doing much better then before. They were a gift from one of Michael's co-works so I really hope that they make it.
You can see but I did find a use for the rocks after all. I love how they kind of help dived the flower beds. It helps to have my flower beds somewhat divided. It really helped in the case of the large flower bed that is by the patio to have a divider since I like to have a unified look and all of the flowers just didn't go together.
Here is the other flower bed that is close to the front door. I have since added more rocks to help dived this flower bed to as to yet again give it a unified look to match the larger flower bed too. I do love how the flowers turned out here and really would love to add some more but I am also hoping that these will grow to be a little bit more bushier to help fill in the area with time.
This was the smallest flower bed of them all. Somehow, I think it turned out to be the best looking of them all too. I was kind of nice but I actually got a compliment from a neighbor that I haven't meet before. She said that she was really impressed with all of the hard work that we did and that she loved how it turned out. She even told me that one day she was admiring them so much that she almost drove up over the curb. I didn't know we did that great of a job but it sure did make my day. Now the only thing left to do is to take care of them and pray that they will stay alive and grow. Other then that we are pretty good. Well, we do still have to get the grass to grow back but at least that doesn't require any more digging (just more hard work).
2 comments:
It really does look great!! I wish I had some great decorating skills like you do! You just know how to put things to together and it looks good!!
Thanks but I can't take all of the credit because Michael has a good eye for color too. He sure helped me a lot and I couldn't have done it without him.
Post a Comment