Wednesday, July 1

Hectic Sunday

This last Sunday was a very busy one for us. The reason being is that the Sunday before, on Father's Day, we got a new calling and this last Sunday we were going to be teaching our new class for the first time. But, we also had the privilege of giving talks in church too. Michael and I were the only planned speakers for the meeting which made a me a little nerves of us being able to fill up all of that time. I was the lucky one that got to speak first. Which meant that my talk got to be a little shorter because I got to introduce us. However, it really didn't take up as much time as I was planning for it to do. I talked about service and humanitarian aid while Michael talked about the growth in the church. It was fun for me to hear Michael talk again in church cause I haven't heard him do that since we were dating or maybe it was when we were just barely married (I can't totally remember). After we were done and the meeting had ended everyone told us what a wonderful job we had done and how they really enjoyed listening to us as well. I thought that it was very nice of them to say and I was glad that they had enjoyed it.
.
Once we got past the crowd of people we made it to the primary. I think that it has been way to long since I was last in primary because I could not remember all of the words to some of the songs we sang. I also kind of miss seeing all of the little chairs too. We actually have a pretty big primary then what I thought we were going to have and our class that we teach has a lot of kids in it too. I do love the kids that we got to meet this Sunday. Not everyone was there but I am sure that we will be able to meet them all with time. When the opening exercises was done they let us go to teach our class (the older kids get to go while the younger ones stay and sing and do some activities). Michael and I told the class a little bit more about ourselves, things that I didn't say in the sacrament meeting, to help them get to know us even more. We then asked them a little bit about themselves and then got into the lesson. I must say that I was actually really surprised at how well teaching the lesson went. I had a ton of fun! The kids were great at getting involved in the topic and they actually knew quite a bit about it. They did have some questions and we answered them the best that we could. After we were done teaching the class we did go back into the big primary room and had our song and activity time while the younger kids went to go to their classes. All and all I think that it was a wonderful Sunday and I so can not wait for next Sunday to come.

No comments: