Wednesday, July 15
Dinner Guests
This last weekend was an interesting one when it came to dinner time. Last Saturday we had the missionaries coming over for dinner so I wanted to make sure that the apartment was clean and ready for them to come. It was a little hard to get the house ready when you have got books all over the living room but once those were all put away it wasn't so bad. I was totally excited for them to come because this was going to be my first time serving the missionaries dinner but they were also going to be our very first dinner guest too. Michael and I got up early that Saturday morning to make sure that everything was ready and we were cooking a meal that we do great at making. We call it a mini Thanksgiving meal because it looks a lot like a real Thanksgiving dinner but just on a smaller scale. We got the dinner started at the right time that it would take for things to cook and waited. But somehow something always has to go wrong when you don't want it to. The dinner finished cooking too early (probably because we are still not use to our oven yet and how it cooks) so we had to find ways to keep some of it warm but in the end we just had to settle to re-cook it when the time got closer. The dinner really didn't taste the best and I felt so bad for the missionaries and wanted to tell them that they didn't have to eat it. The missionaries were so nice and said that everything tasted great but I know they were being to kind. It was still really nice to have them over and I am sure we will have them over again except next time I am going to make a totally different meal. Then that very next day, Sunday, Michael and I were invited to go to a couple in our ward house for dinner. I was totally nerves, I can be a picky eater, and so I was afraid that I would not be able to eat anything and offend them. The funny thing about it though is that they served the same dinner that we made yesterday. What are the odds!?! Their meal was much better than our was and Michael and I had a wonderful time getting to know them. We learned a lot of interesting things and felt like we had made some great new friends in this ward. I can't wait to see/meet who we are going to have dinner with next.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment