I'm sure you all know that this last Friday was Pioneer Day. I hope you all got the chance to do something extra fun for that day. For our pioneer day, Michael and I went to a stake activity that was being held at one of the parks in the next town over. We had a wonderful time with all of the things that they had to do there. They had things like horse shoes, ring toss, stick pull, face painting, a parade for kids to take part in and so much more. Part of the time that we were there I volunteered to help out with one of the booths that our ward was in charge of for the kids. I know you will all be happy that I actually took my camera with me so that means you all get to enjoy some pictures of all of the fun that we had, so enjoy.
The first thing that they did was welcome everyone to the pioneer day activity. Once that was done it was time to get dinner. We were very lucky to be one of the first ones in the line. I have no idea how that happen but I am so grateful that it did. We saw people standing there for over an hour waiting to get their food. After we were finished eating we walked around to see what kind of booths there were and which ones were actually open (since most everyone else was eating or waiting in line). The first booth that I wanted to do was the dunk tank. I have always had fun watching them but, to be honest, I have never really gotten to play one. So, yes, I was very excited to get a turn. We were standing in a line of mostly kids but I really didn't care because I knew that several of them didn't know who we were. Michael was kind enough to let me go before him. You got four balls and you have to hit that target. Looks and sounds simple right? Wrong! It is a lot harder to hit that target then what I thought. I missed with all of my first three balls and was a little disappointed about that but then when I threw my last ball I actually got the target. Yeah, I DUNKED HIM! It was so much fun. Michael however wasn't as lucky and didn't get to dunk the guy at all.
Another fun area that they had at the activity was this table set out with tons of old pioneer toys that you could actually play with. Some of them made me laugh because they were so funny with what they did and others I think Michael and I could actually make if we wanted to (hm....that does sound like fun). We did send a lot of time playing here.
Michael is holding up one of the toys. This one is actually a little harder for me to do but I was able to get the ball into the hole a couple of times. Michael was really great at this toy. He only missed on his first time and then after that he had no problems getting it in.
I just had to take a video of him showing off his mad skills. I also just like watching him play with it too. You have got to admit that the pioneers did have some pretty fun toys.
Yes, I just had to take another video. It was a special moment after all. I know that you really only see the water and you don't hear much of anything but just sit back and maybe pretend you were there riding along too. (I sure hope none of you get sea sick from just watching.) Well that was our fun day together. I still think that the only thing missing from it was some fireworks but that is just me. Maybe we could figure out a way to do that next year. I do know that I can not wait to see what they are going to have the next year for pioneer day. I also hope we can get a turn to ride on the carriage too but we will just have to wait and see.
No comments:
Post a Comment