Wednesday, July 15

4th Fireworks

The only thing left for the day was to see some fireworks. Michael and I decided a few days before the 4th that we would just try to find a place that does some big fireworks instead of lighting only our own. We didn't want to get any because we thought that the apartment people would not allow it since there are so many trees in our area. So with big fireworks in mind we started searching. The only thing is that a lot of places out here charge money to go and see them. What a funny thing to do because you could be in a different area and see them for free. So then why go to some place that is going to charge you for something that you could see for free if you are just a little farther away? We did end up finding a place that lets you see fireworks for free and it was actually in the same city that we had seen the parade in early that day. After our lunch Michael and I did decided to go and get some little fireworks that we could do at our place. We had found out that day from a neighbor that they actually allow you to set them off in the drive ways in front of the apartments. Nice! I was really excited to pick out our fireworks because that was something that I have never done before. Michael was totally a sweety to let me pick them all out. I think he was trying to help keep me and himself in line by doing it that way. We really didn't get that many but enough to feel festive. With that taken care of we had some fun while we waited until it was late enough to go. We got at the place at 9p.m. since the show didn't start until 10p.m. and ate some dinner and watched people shoot off their own fireworks, mostly bottle rockets (they actually allow that here!). Another thing that we did while we waited was play with some glow sticks. I love those things! Hope actually really likes them too. The last 4th of July (which was Hope's first) we had them too. Hope looked so cute wearing them that we had to do it to her again.I'm not sure if you can see them but she is actually wearing three different colors. A few people came up to us and again said how cute Hope was and also said that they liked the idea of a glow stick on a dog. Finally when 10p.m. hit we were all ready but the fireworks didn't go off. We had to wait for another 10 minutes until they actually started. Not sure what the delay was but it was fine. I did take a short video of what the firework show looked like for all of you.

It was an okay show but Michael and I agreed that next year we are going to try and find a better one, even if they do charge it might be worth it. When the show was over it was a little hard to get out because of some very rude and pushy people but we didn't really care. Once home we lit off our own small fireworks which sadly enough to say I think was better then the big firework show. I am sorry to say that I didn't get a picture of the fireworks that we did but I do know a few of the names. We did: two tanks, sparklers, a small fountain and a climbing panda (that is all I can remember). All and all I think that it was a pretty great day and some fun family time together. I sure know that Hope so much fun that she had no problem falling asleep that night.(Also if you were wondering Hope did fine with the large fireworks that night. She didn't quite understand it but then just gave up trying to and sat down and ate her food. It kind of made me think that she was like a person watching a movie and eating popcorn at a show. She is so cute. Hope also did fine with our small fireworks and I had a hard time keeping her away from the sparklers. For some reason she kept on trying to smell them. I'm just glad that she doesn't get scared of the fireworks. It is really helpful, especially were we live now.)

No comments: