Wednesday, July 1

New Bandannas

One day, a long time ago, I took Hope to the dog park (I need to take her again). It was a day when there was not a lot of people at the park, actually only two other people were there. I got to talking with them and it was a lot of fun. One of the ladies made a comment that she thought that Hope looked cute in her bandanna (she was wearing the orange on that day; hey, it was what she picked out). I thanked her and then told her that when I had decided to get a dog that I would not dress the dog up but when I got Hope she was the one that actually started it and liked it so I did it to make her happy. The lady thought that was pretty interesting. Then a guy came in and heard the story too. He said that she looked like she was more ready for Halloween then just a normal day. Then he told me that she had amazing eyes (which I always agree with) and that I should get a bandanna to match them. I told him that I have been trying to find one but just haven't been able to do so. Then everyone started talking about where I could find some really good bandannas and they were all trying to figure out which place would give me the best deal. I was actually really surprised that people that didn't know me very much would be so interested in making sure that Hope looked good. It was just really sweet and has always made me smile.
.
I am sure that you are thinking what does this have to do with the title of, "New Bandannas." Well yesterday Michael and I went out and actually found the color that I had been wanting for Hope. She looks so good in it and she was very happy to have another bandanna that she can wear. We actually ended up getting her two more bandannas because the store was having a really good sale. Now that Hope has some new bandannas to wear that also meant that I got to do another puppy photo shot with her (I love doing them).Here she is in her bandanna that matches her eye color. It is a little darker in color but that is ok since it really was close enough to it.I thought that it would be cute to get a picture next to something that was also kind of blue and I ended up using my wedding flowers. Hope really enjoyed looking at them. I wonder if she knew that they were fake?This is the other color that we got her, green. It was kind of funny but I didn't realize it until Michael mentioned it but that Hope didn't have a green bandanna.I do think that the color is a little dark for her but she still really looks good in it all the same.Then, of course, with the fourth of July coming up we had to get her a flag bandanna. I think it looks wonderful on her.Hope actually really likes to wear this bandanna but I only let her wear it to get the fit right and to take some pictures of her in it. She is still kind of mad at me for not letting her wear it more.I am sure that she is going to fit right in, again, for the Fourth of July this year because she has the look down pat.I love the look of, "Why can't we just celebrate it today?" Now I almost forgot something else. When my family did a vacation to the beach they left some of our stuff that we could not take in our car at my aunt and uncles house. There was also a few things extra which was really nice of them. One of the items that was given to us was a bandanna for Hope from my older sister and I realized today that I never took a picture of it for you all to see, so here it is.It is a really cool looking brown bandanna. Hope just loves to wear this one because of that you are lucky to get it off of her.Now this was just a funny picture for you. Hope saying, "Do I have something on my bandanna?" I am starting to think that my dog is a little to much into fashion. Oh well, a girl does love to dress up and look pretty.

2 comments:

Jimmy said...

Do you still have the bandanna I gave hope?

Monica said...

Oh, Yes! I would never get rid of that. It is one of her most favorite ones to wear.