Tuesday, June 9

Visit To Krispy Kreme

I am sure that this is going to come as a shock but I have never been to the Krispy Kreme doughnut shop. I have always wanted to go and see the doughnut machine and to hopefully get a free doughnut myself. Michael has also wanted to take me to one for a long time and he was able to do so on Maren's graduating weekend. I was so excited to go on this new little adventure. Again, Michael's parents joined us for the fun. As you drive up to the place they have this sign that if it is lighted up that means the machine is working and we were lucky enough that the sign was actually on.This is what the sign looks like that they light up. I had to go and stand beside it because I thought that it was cool looking.Inside of the shop you see the beginning of the machine that they use. I was actually a little surprised at how small it was but it makes sense because they have to fit it into the store.We got there just as the last of these doughnuts were going though so I thought that I was not going to be able to see all of the fun. They didn't even have the icing waterfall on.This is the other end of the machine. They kind of circle back so that they can go under the heater. That big metal box thing in the back of the picture. I think that is what it is and if not then oh well.I tried to get as much as I could of the machine in the picture and this is the best that I got. Now here is my surprise for you all. I know that there has to be someone out there like me that has never gone and would love to see the machine working so I took a video. Right as we were about to go and get some doughnuts ourselves they started a new group! I was excited because that meant you got to see the entire process and it is just fun to watch too.

I know that this first one is short but it was the best video that I got of them flipping the doughnuts inside of the machine. I think that was one of my favorite parts. (If you listen carefully to the video you can hear our conversation about the machine and how it works and what we thought parts of it were. Just something that is kind of fun to listen too.)

This video shows the entire machine at work. It was fun to see the process and I now can see why everyone gets so excited over it, especially kids. I didn't get a free doughnut though but that was ok.
Here is the front of the counter where all of the doughnuts will one day end up or pass by. They all looked so good; good enough to eat *he he he*. Since I didn't get a free doughnut we bought some for the family and us to share at home.Yes, I am silly enough to take a picture of the box that we brought the doughnuts home in. I told you that I was that excited to go, it was my first time after all.The good stuff inside of the box! I picked out the chocolate doughnuts and the sprinkled ones. They were really good!!! I can not wait to go to the Krispy Kreme again and will have to find out if we have one in our area.

No comments: