Wednesday, June 3

Uhaul It

Now for the most exciting post of all! I finally get to tell you about us going to get our things out of the storage unit. (This is going to be a long story.) I was totally ready for this because I was getting really sick and tired of not having a proper place to put anything so everything got moved around quite a bit. We had to do the move on that Memorial Day weekend because that was the only time that Michael's parents would be able to help us. We left on that Friday really late at night and drove all night to Blackfoot. Hope did come with us and she did great in the car likes she always does. Since we were stayed at Michael's aunts house, who lives in Blackfoot, Hope had to sleep in the garage. Now the reason that Hope had to stay in the garage is because one of Michael's aunts children has an allege to pet hair. I knew that she was going to have a hard time being left alone because she was wide awake (she slept a ton in the car ride to there) but also it was a new place and she was a little uneasy about the whole thing. We locked her up in her cage quickly since we were both tired and turned out the lights (it was completely black!). I think that made Hope freak out even more because she cried really bad and I could hear her banging on the cage trying to get out. Hope would quite down some of the time but not ever completely. I almost went up, several times, to the garage to go and sleep with her or at least take her in the back yard (where there is a fence) and let her play while I just sat on the step or something to watch her. Michael wouldn't let me go to her but really he couldn't have stopped me because he fell asleep in like two seconds after he told me that. So basically I didn't get hardly any sleep that night because I was worried about Hope stressing out and that she would wake up everyone in the house. Thankfully everyone said that she didn't bother them at all and that they had slept fine that night. Let me just say that I never want to do that again to my poor little girl, it was just to terrible for the both of us.
.
The next morning we had to get up early so that we could go and pick up the Uhaul truck and get to the storage unit and have everything out by noon because that is when the storage place was going to be closing. If we didn't get it done before that time then the lady would not check us out. I was totally stressing about getting it done in time. Now the Uhaul truck was in Idaho Falls for us to pick up and we had done a map-quest thing so that we knew how to get there (even though we still remember the area pretty good when we lived out that way). Well for some reason the map quest directions were wrong and so it took us a lot longer to find the place. We ended up having to call them and keep them on the phone just to find them. I believe it took a little over an hour to actually find the place, sad hu? Once we had the truck and were on the road it was 11a.m. which meant we only had an hour to get our stuff in the truck and the unit cleaned out! When we got into Rexburg, where our things were, it was 11:30a.m. (are you all panicked yet?). Michael had made the suggestion that we go to the office and let them know that we had just gotten there and we would hurry as fast as we could. I think he was hoping and praying for a little kindness from them. Michael's mother and I hurried over to the office while Michael's father and him headed to the storage unit. I talked with the lady at the desk and she gave me an envelope and told me to just put the lock on it and put it in the drop off box when we are finished and then she will count that as our check out. WAY NICE!!! I was so happy I really could have hugged her. I am also so glad that Michael had me go over and talk with her. When we got to the unit it was like ten minutes from noon and they guys were trying to go fast but be careful. They really didn't have that much done but once we told them that we had all the time that we needed they both were really thankful too. It sure did make the rest of the afternoon more enjoyable. Now here is your reward for listening to only part of my story......PICTURES!!!The Uhaul truck was enormous! When Michael told me the size that he had gotten I was worried that it was to big and that we could have gotten a smaller one. Lucky for me he was right and we did need the bigger truck for all of our things.We were also blessed with wonderful sunny weather too which was great. However it also meant that we could get burned and I didn't like the idea of that happening. Lucky for all of us Michael's mother thought ahead and brought sun block (I still got burned bad though and I put on a ton!).Hope had a lot of fun just chilling in the car but she couldn't stay there the entire time since Michael's mother had some things to do for the guys.So we hooked Hope up to the Uhaul truck. At least she was able to be in the shade and she really didn't mind it at first. It was when she realized that she couldn't do much and also couldn't see us that she didn't like it that much but she got over it.Here is just the tip of the iceberg for all of our things in that storage unit. All of it was terribly dusty and I was not looking forward to cleaning every inch of our stuff when we got it to our new home but I was still thankful that we were able to get it out.Now I was helping the guys too, while doing pictures, and every now and again I would go and check on Hope to make sure that she was not getting into trouble. This is what I would find her doing. Yep, just laying under the truck. Most of the time she would be completely under it (like in the middle) but she would always come out so fast that I could never get a picture of it.At one point in the afternoon I was starting to feel really sick (I think it was because I was getting to sun burned) so I took Hope and sat down inside of the Uhaul for a few minutes. It didn't help that much but it was still probably a smart thing to do. I think Hope also appreciated being out of the hot air and to have something to do even if it was just to explore the inside of the Uhaul truck.She got so good at figuring out where and what things were that she had to take a turn at driving it. Just kidding but doesn't it look like that?The half way point. I know that it doesn't look like that at all with everything on the outside of the truck. I still can not believe all of the things that we had and we even downsized what we could before we put everything in the storage unit.After Hope and I were doing well enough for me to go and help the guys again I decided to just let Hope be off of her leash. No one else was around and the storage place had a very high fence so she couldn't get to the freeway so I felt like it was safe enough for her. She would get in the way sometimes but she now knows the word, "Move," and actually gets out of the way. Hope did finally decided that being in this spot was much better and she took a little nap while we worked.The more breakable things that we had went inside Michael's parents truck.The moment has finally come.......IT IS EMPTY!!! Now you can see how big the unit it. I was the lucky one that got to clean it out. All I had to do was just sweep it and I really didn't mind that at all. I did find quite a few spiders but I didn't let them get away without first meeting my foot.Now you can see just how right Michael was in getting the bigger truck. At least it all fit in and we were ready to go. The only thing left for the Uhaul was to drive it safely home.

No comments: