Once we were all loaded up, Michael's parents wanted to go and visit some family members that had pasted on. I thought it was a great idea and was excited to go since it was a good opportunity to learn some more about his side of the family. We stopped at several different places and visited a lot of people. I took a ton of pictures and I am sorry to say that I don't remember very well how all of them are connected so you are going to get the ones that I do know. The one that I was most excited to visit that day though was Thomas E. Ricks (now that I am related to him even if it is just through marriage).
This is the monument that they have up for Thomas E. Ricks. I just did the one side of the monument but there is more on the other sides, mostly just his wives.
But this is the real headstone for where he is truly. It is just a few steps away from the monument.
Now this one was at a different place. This is Michael's uncle, on his mothers side, that passed away before I ever got to meet him. I'm sad that I never really got a chance to get to know him but I am sure one day I will.
This last picture is of my grandfather, on my mother's side. We visited his grave on Sunday as we were traveling back home with all of our things. I loved my grandfather a ton and he was one of the best kind of men out there. I learned a lot from him and I am glad that he never got annoyed with me always following him around. Michael thinks that I got my sense of hummer from him and I don't mind that at all (*smile*).
No comments:
Post a Comment