Tuesday, June 2

New Ward

I need to tell you what happened that made it possible for us to meet the new ward. After all of the cleaning that I have done inside and out of the apartment, with all of the chemicals and what not, I got really sick. I now normally get terribly sick when I use to many cleaners (its all because of the last place that we lived, long story). But on the weekend we were going to go down to Michael's parents house for a third time in a row for the father and son camp out that they were having. But since I got sick we just couldn't go. I told him that he could go and I would stay at home and for him to not worry about it but he just wouldn't hear about anything like that. He is such a good man. So he missed going camping with his dad to stay home and take care of me. When that Sunday came around I was still feeling really sick but wanted to go to our new ward so much that I made myself make it to it. It was kind of funny but it was ward conference that Sunday. The first person that we meet was actually the bishop and the second was the stake president. Funny hu? Everyone was super nice to us and several people were really excited to have us there. One person even told Michael that this ward was like the song, "Hotel California," in that once you move in you can never leave. LOL!!! Sorry, but I just thought that was so funny that I had to share it. By the time church was over we had meet several people, which I only remember a few of their names, and a dinner invitation for sometime soon. I'm really excited to be here and know that it is going to be a great place for us too. The ward is very missionary oriented but that is fine with me. We are planning to join the ward choir too in hopes that it will help us get to know more people. Given, we are not the best singers but I don't think they will ask us to leave. Another fun thing that we did that Sunday evening was cook our first chicken in our new home! It was great and I was actually able to eat it. Hope even did her part to help with it.This is what she did (I bet you where thinking that she actually helped with the food). Just laying on the floor on Michael's feet asleep.I woke her up with my flash but she really didn't mind at all. I sure do find it funny that she likes to sleep in tight spaces.What a strange puppy I have who is now ready to go and play.I had to put this one in here to because this is when she got kicked out of the kitchen so she decided to use her tennis ball as a pillow. I think it is funny that she actually got the name to face out on the ball like it did. It sure was a nice quite weekend that we needed to have.

No comments: