Well we finally took Hope into the vet. We have a vet office really close to where we live (I can walk to it in no time at all) and I heard that they are really good so I decided to give them a chance. I have totally become very picky when it comes to the vets that we take Hope to because we have come across some really bad and stupid vets. I hate to say that but it is so true! Anyways, Hopes appointment was during the time that I was sick so Michael had to take a little bit off of work to take her in. Hope needed to go to get some updates on her shots and we also wanted to get her back left leg looked at. She has been limping on it since a sledding accident when we lived in Utah (a sled with someone riding on it hit her and ran over her leg a little, yeah bad.) We would have taken her to the vet in Utah right away but I didn't trust any of them and we really didn't have the money at the time to take her either. Just something that comes with unemployment and all.
.
Hope did really good for the vet. She actually liked him and when that happens then you know that the vet is good. She didn't even notice when she was getting her shots done! Hopes very first vet was that good too (the first vets assistants were terrible and hence a main reason why Hope has problems with vets or at least the techs). This next part is a little gross so you can skip it if you want to. The next thing that we got to learn is what was really wrong with Hopes ears. She has been losing fur on the tips only and we had one vet that said it was this one thing but neither Michael or I believe that was what the problem was what he said (he was the stupid vet). The vet here just looked at them and told us exactly what it was which basically when hope shakes her head the ear wax comes out and lands on the tips and when it gets hard it makes her scratch at her ears and that makes her lose the fur. All we have to do is just clean her ears out more and the tips. We have been doing that and all of the fur has already come back and she is doing great.
.
The last thing the vet looked at was her back left leg. Hope did get a little grouchy at this part but can you blame her when it is something that has been hurting her. She didn't bark at him but she did do a little growl but no teeth just more of a complaint like, "Ouch, that hurts mister!" The vet said that we were okay that we didn't bring her in right away because it wouldn't have changed anything and the area has not been getting worse then what it was at the start. Basically, Hopes knee cap got moved over when she was hit by the sled and so it is rubbing on the raw part of the bone instead of being in the grove that it needs to be in. This is something that you see happen in smaller dogs and pretty much never in a Husky so it was done by the sled hitting her. He compared it to arthritis to help us understand what is happening. Hope is still fine to use the leg and run around and things so I am glad that we don't have to worry about that anymore. I am so glad that we now know what is the matter and I really trust this guy too. Since Hope has this arthritis in her leg she hasn't been using that leg as much as she should so the mussels are a little smaller on that side but she is still fine. Hope is going to need to have surgery to get her leg fixed but it will take care of the problem completely. To do the surgery we have to go somewhere else and it is a several hours drive to get there and it is also going to cost a lot to even do the surgery so now we just get to save up for it, lucky us. But I am still grateful that I know what is going on with my little girl and that she will be okay one day.
.
I guess I will also tell you about Lilly since we are talking about the vet. When we came out for the job interview we did check with this vet to see if they saw turtles too which they did.........at the time. They no longer take turtles so we are going to have to find a vet for her. The vet did tell us of a place that sees turtles so we are just going to have to check that out sometime. The turtle vet does require us to drive to get there so it will be a fun little trip to find them. Lilly is doing pretty good over all. Her spot on her back is healing nicely. We are now positive that she just rubbed her shell a little hard against a rock and took off a big piece of it so nothing bad there. She does still have a cough but it isn't as bad as it use to be. We know that the cough isn't too bad because she still has a good hunger about her and is very active little girl. So that is the good news about our pets and now we just need to find a way to do the surgery for Hope, wish us luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment