With things finally calming down, just a little bit, Michael and I decide that it was time to go and look for a dryer again. We really needed it and it was not something that we could put off very long. We looked at all of the same places that we did last time because there was really no where else to look. Michael found one that he really like but I was not totally sold on it. In the end he won and we got the dryer that he wanted (even though I am the one that has to work with it...funny). We bought it on Saturday but it didn't come until yesterday. I was happy that at least I was finally going to be able to do some washing. I also thought you would like to see what the old one looked like.
We got this dryer as a wedding gift from a couple in my parents ward. We also had gotten a washing machine but that broke several years back. This has been a good little dryer and it sure was a great thing to have. The machine was way over 30 years old so I think that it held out really well.
This is what the new dryer looks like. It is nice that it is white and not yellow and brown, like the old one. With it being white it at least makes me feel a little bit more modern. One thing that I was not sold on was the door. It opens to the side and I had always loved how the old one open down so that I could put things on it but I am sure that it is just going to take me time to get use to it that is all. It does work wonderfully so I am happy that Michael insisted that we get this one. It drys so much faster and uses less energy and will turn itself off if everything is dry in the dryer. It has done 4 loads of laundry in a third of the time that it use to take me. I just hope that this one last more then 30 years too.
No comments:
Post a Comment