Monday, June 8

Maren Graduates

This last weekend was full of fun things but the main event was going to Maren's high school graduation. She is the last kid in the family (Michael's side that is), so it was really important for us to go. Getting there was quite an adventure in itself. Michael had been trying all week to work some extra hours each day so that we could leave early on Friday (day of graduation) without loosing anytime but for some reason he just wasn't able to get the hours moved over. He ended up having to loose a few so that we could leave close to the time that we had planned. That was a pretty big sacrifice for us but we needed to go so we figured that it was okay. When we got to Michael's parents house Hope ran out of the car, since she had been stuck in it for so long and needed to get some energy out. We had to go and catch her and then lock her up before we left so we lost some valuable time there. Eventually we got to the place that the graduation was being held at and we did have to park pretty far so we were speed walking to the building. As we were walking in they took our tickets and told us that they were locking the doors. I totally thought that they were talking about the doors that we had just came through or something but they ended up locking us out of the graduation hall that everyone was in. I was so mad! First off, this had been a big sacrifice and we really didn't have the money to do this but we still came and then for them to be rude as to lock us out I was just totally upset. I got so mad that I started to cry. So we didn't get to see Maren walk into the room and sit down as they did the graduation song. After the graduates took their seats they finally let us in. Our seats were just right close to the side door and up a little bit. They could have totally let us in but they were just being stupid! Yes, I am still a little bitter about what happened. I was also really mad that night because my camera was again having problems so you are going to be seeing some of my worst pictures ever.Can you find Maren? Here is a major hint: she is wearing a red graduation outfit. Ok, I will give you another hint: she is also looking at my camera.For one part of the program the seniors graduating that were in choir sang a song and Maren was part of the group. Lets see if you can find her here but to warn you it is a lot harder to find her because she is not looking at my camera this time.Now it is almost Maren's turn to get up to get in line to get her diploma! I knew that the pictures from my camera were going to be terrible (like at Mark's graduation since it was the same camera and the same place which also didn't have a lot of lighting) so I decided to take some videos to see if that would help out.

Here is Maren finally being able to get up and walk toward the stage to get in line to get her diploma. I know that it must have been exciting for her to realize that she was going to be a graduate and done with high school forever!

Maren turn has arrived to walk across the stage and received her diploma after all of the hard work and many accomplishments that she has done in her years at high school. Way to go girl!!!
After all of the diplomas were passed out the new graduates were free to go and find their family and friends. I love the smile that Maren has on her face here. I'm sure it was a great relief to be done with it all.Maren is so much fun! We had to do the family pictures really quick since Maren was going to be going to the senior grad night. (That is why I have so few.)I think that this was one of my best pictures that night. We sure are really proud of Maren and all that she has accomplished.Maren's father and mother who helped her and encouraged her with everything that she has done to get to this point in her life. I'm kind of sad though but Michael and I were not able to get a picture with us and Maren because she was running late for the grad nigh so she couldn't do one with us. She did enjoy the nigh with her friends. Maren told me that they went to a water park. She didn't get home until really early the next morning so we had to wait a bit to do something with her later. When Maren did wake up we gave her a gift that we had picked out to congratulate her.I liked the wrapping so much that I had to get a picture of it. The bag says milkoholic. Isn't that just funny? I loved it and told Maren that the bag represented chocolate milk! It got me laughing at least. We also were lucky enough to find a really great card (no it didn't have to do with cows).If you didn't know, Maren really likes cows so this was a great gift bag for her to get. I really do think that it turned out pretty cute though.This is what we ended up getting Maren. If you can't see very well what it is I'm sorry. It is a computer program that lets you do interior design on the computer: floor layouts, landscaping and so much more. She is going to be going into the interior design program at college so we felt that this would give her a great head start. It is a totally cool program and something that I am sure that she is going to have a blast using once she get everything on it all figured out.

No comments: