The drive home was pretty good but again it was long. We left on Sunday morning and Michael and I stopped for a little bit to see my grandmother in Burly. She was really tired so we couldn't stay that long but she was nice enough to sit down and talk to us while we ate some lunch. Then we got back on the road and headed for Boise. The reason that we were going there is because it is in the direction of our new home but we needed to stop off at my aunt and uncles. My parents were going on a trip to the coast and on the way they had dropped off some of the things that we could not fit in our car when we had left them. So we were just picking it up and then we were going to stay the night at Michael's uncles place who lives in the same area. When we got to his uncles though he wasn't home and was not going to be back until tomorrow. As you can probably figure we didn't stay and just drove the rest of the way home. It was sure a long drive back but Michael and I had so much fun that we really didn't even notice Hope did enjoy the ride for the first 30 minutes but then when she realized that there was no back window for her to look out of she didn't like it much. She also sat in the middle of Michael and I so she didn't even have a side window to look out of. Hope decided then that it was just better to sleep even though she really was not tired at all. We only stopped a couple of times but when we did Hope was thrilled, wonder why (*smile*).
One of the places that we stopped at to get gas had this really cool wagon close by in a parking lot. We pulled into the parking lot to wait for Michael's family while they got dinner for themselves. I was walking the dog giving her a potty brake when Michael pulled in and I just started laughing really hard because this is what I saw.
Remember how the pioneer would use a cover wagon to move to a new area? Well here we are using the cover wagon to move our moving truck. LOL. Ok, I am strange and maybe you just had to be there or something if you didn't find that funny. It does amazing me though that in such a short time of history how much things have changed in a way that can really help people. I would hate to have to move all of our things in a wagon and I think that it would take us longer then just a holiday weekend.
I liked the wagon so much that I had to get a picture of hope with it. I wish that I could have put her on the wagon or in it but I wasn't sure if that was safe or allowed even.
For some reason Hopes expression makes me laugh hard too. It just looks like she is up to something and just waiting for me to turn my back. I bet she wanted to have a little wheel souvenir or something to chew on in the Uhaul. Hope was a little sad to leave the wagon but she was fine. The rest of the drive was the same as the first and we got home pretty late at night but at least we were finally HOME! With all of our things, I might add. The only parts left for the move was to unpack the truck and to clean EVERYTHING!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment