Tuesday, April 14

Reception Time

It is finally time for the party to being! I must admit that I was totally ready for the reception to begin because I was getting hungry and I was so looking forward to the food (mostly the cake). The church (gym) was really beautiful with all of the decorations up.The line was quickly formed (with only one person missing for a moment) and the guests came to congratulate the new married couple. I only knew a few people that came through the line but I also wasn't looking that closely because I was busy with my camera again.Maren is telling me that I can not cut in line. The funny thing is that I would cut in at the end of the wedding line to talk with them for a moment. I would make sure that the line of guest was at a point when no one was around to talk with them. So I don't think that my cutting in line should be counted so badly against me.It was so amazing that Julie and Jordi were able to get some of Julies friends from the music department to play at their wedding. The music was just amazing and it really made the reception special.I took a picture of Michael, instead of the new married couple, because he was so happy that he got a flower to wear. It really made him feel apart of the wedding and that made me happy. Before I forget, Michael was also give the tie he is wearing. It was given to all of the family men related to the happy couple.Cousin Miles was really happy for the brownie and ice cream that they were serving as you can tell. There was also a veggie platter out for people to eat. He sure does have a cute smile.Even though there was never really a moment that night when the line of people stopped coming we had to stop the line for a moment so that Jordi and Julie could cut the cake. I don't have any pictures of them eating the cake because my batteries died at that point but at least I got to watch them feed each other. I am impressed that neither one shoved cake in the other persons mouth; they were both very nice to each other.After the cake was eaten by the couple it was time for the brides flowers to be tossed. As you can see the girls really went for it too. The flowers were a little munched but still fine. You should have seen the flower petals that were all over the floor.Now it is Jordi's turn to throw the guarder for the men. I love how the girls (in the last picture) had to jump high for the flowers and the guys dive to the ground for the guarder. Only reason being that Julie threw her flowers high and Jordi threw the guarder towards the ground (unintended).The two winners of the night! They both had to really fight to get the prize. The boy is Jordi's little brother and the girl is a very close friend of Julie's.This picture just makes me laugh. I told them to do a funny one and they both had no problem with knowing what they wanted to do. I'm just glad that the guarder didn't actually hit Julie's friend. Once all of the throwing of things was done the line was formed again and stayed that way until the reception was over and time for the couple to try and get away. (The car really does deserve its own post.)

No comments: