Monday, April 13

The Luncheon

Once the photographer was done taking picture at the temple it was time to go to the luncheon. Michael and I were one of the last ones to get there but it was fine because they had not started it really. I do think that I was the only person (besides Michael) that took pictures at the luncheon. I know of at least one person that was not happy that I did that but I wasn't doing it for them. I was taking pictures for Jordi and Julie just encase they wanted to have them to look back on because I really enjoy the ones from Michael and mine luncheon. Again there are a lot of pictures so I only picked a few this time and the ones that I thought were pretty good (remember that my camera was not working the best).You can see that there was a ton of people there. Here everyone is talking while we wait for the new couple to come. The front table that you are looking at is our family side and the others in the far back are of Jordi's side.Once Jordi and Julie got to the luncheon they were the first ones to go at the food. Believe me it was all pretty good, at least the stuff that I had.The newly married couple at the front table and they still look like they are glowing or at least to me they do.The parents of the happy couple also got to sit by their children at the front table.Here is a better side of the other side of the room and mostly Jordi's family. I'm sorry to say that I don't know everyones name in the picture but I'm sure that the happy couple can tell me them all at some point in time. After everyone was finished eating we all kind of introduce ourselves and how we were related to the couple and that was it. But before Michael and I left we asked Julie and Jordi if they could open up our wedding gift. I really wanted them to open ours up because I wanted to see Julies reaction to it. We had wanted to stay and see them open up all of the gifts that they would be getting that night but they were not going to open them until later on Sunday and we needed to get back in time for my fathers birthday party. We had Julie open up part one and Jordi open up part two. This is what we got them.In Michael's family it has been a long tradition to use a, "You are special today," red plate on your birthday. I didn't know about this tradition until I married Michael and had just fallen in love with the idea. I thought that since it is such a big thing in Michael family that it would be the perfect gift for Julie. The only thing is that it took me a long time to find and when we did we found that they make cups with the same saying on it so I just had to get that too for them. I sure do hope that they will enjoy it and get many happy years of use out of it too. Now all that is left for you to enjoy is the reception.

No comments: