Sunday, April 5
Matty's Birthday Party
Well today we had the family birthday party for Matty. It was a lot of fun to go to Matty's house and see all of the great decorations that my sister had put up for him. She did a wonderful job on his cake too.
Isn't that the coolest thing, especially if you were turning 4? I remember when I was little my mom would also make some really amazing cakes for us kids too. I guess my sister got that talent from my mother. Me on the other hand, well lets just say that I am a work in progress right now. I also don't have any children so maybe I just haven't gotten enough practice or something yet. But back to the birthday boy.
Here we are all singing to Matty and waiting for him to blow out his candle. I love how his candle is the number 4 instead of having 4 candles on the cake. I think that makes it a lot easier and probably safer to blow out the candle(s) too. Once that was done Matty said that we could eat the cake now and then open up presents. I got to play with Matty after he was finished eating.
Matty and I are trying to show you his special birthday ribbon that says something on it but I don't think that you can really see it well. I also thought that this was a cute picture of us together too.
Now it is Michael and Matty together trying to show off the ribbon but I still could get my camera to zoom in enough to show the ribbon but to also be able to see the cute boys too. I love Matty's smile!
Alright, I finally zoomed in on the ribbon so that you could read it. If you can't see it now then I guess you will just be out of luck. Now don't ask me where my sister found the ribbon because I do not know and I also don't know if he wore it yesterday for his actual birthday either or how long he wore it today but he sure did look cute with it on. Now it is time to get to the greatest part of a birthday, the presents.
Matty was very excited to open up his gifts. He sure did have a lot of them but I guess that is the fun part of having a big family too. He opened up a couple gifts before he got to ours and sure did say some pretty cute things about his gifts, especially one in particular.
Matty is finally opening up our gift to him. Still just loving that little smile of his.
Okay, he went so fast that he is now on a gift from his parents but I did manage to get into the picture what we gave him. Our gift is the grow thing on the side. What you do is take these little pill like looking things and stick it in water and watch them grow and then you can play with them when they are finished. I thought that it would be a fun thing for him to do. When he opened it he had no idea what it was so we had to tell him and he was like cool, next gift. I'm sure that he will have fun with it later.
I really like this picture of Matty because he was so serious about opening up this gift. Actually it was a little bit harder to open up with the ribbon tide onto it. That was something that I had to keep reminding myself while I was wrapping Matty's gift, not to hard. Normally I like to make sure that the present will lot have any peek holes but I had to make sure this time that he had places to grab to open it.
Jossy also had a lot of fun playing with the left over wrapping things. I love it at that age when that is the exciting part of the gift. It was a wonderful birthday party and I am so happy that he is one year older and cutter too. Happy Birthday again buddy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment