Thursday, April 23

Linda's Goodbye Airplane

Before Linda was going to leave for her new job, I wanted to do something really fun and kind of special with her too. I know that I am not going to be able to see her for a long time because both of us are going to be living far away from each other so this was a big deal to me to have some last minute fun time together. Michael had the great idea of getting Linda the same kind of airplane that we got my dad for his birthday since Linda has never had one. So that is just what we did. When we gave the plane to Linda I told her that she had to put it together all by herself because it was hers to keep and since she has never had one before that putting it together is part of the fun. Michael had wanted to put it together for her but I wouldn't let him. We then found this amazing park that was actually pretty close to Linda's home.Hope had to ride in the front seat with me because we didn't want her braking the airplane before we even got to play with it yet. The plane was in the back set with Linda and anytime Hope and Linda are in the back seat Hope goes crazy and has to sit right next to her (sometimes on her). It was a really hot day too so I let Hope wear Michael's hat to help give her some extra shade. She did have the air conditioner on her face too but the hat was still very helpful. I know that she also likes wearing it too.At the park there was a sign that said you have to make sure that your dog is on a leash at all times. I know that it looks like she is not on one in the picture but she really is, somewhat. We took her little stake thing that you put in the ground and had her tied up to that so that all three of us could play without worrying about the dog. Hope had plenty of toys to make sure that she would not get board.Linda had a great idea that since she is going to be moving to Texas (click on the word Texas to read more about Linda moving on her blog) that we needed to get a picture of her with Michael's cowboy hat on. Judging by this picture I think that Linda will have no problem fitting into life in Texas whatsoever.Here is Linda with her airplane that she put together herself. She even put on the stickers but with a little helpful direction.Linda getting ready to throw the plane, at me! Just kidding so please don't worry.Michael was also really good at working the airplane. Look at how talented his is at balancing it on his hand. I know that I could never do that even with a lot of practice too. Then again it was just windy enough the day that we went that I am sure he had a little extra help.I guess he couldn't wait to have a turn to throw the plane at me too! (Just so you know I told both of them to throw the plane towards me because I thought that it would make a really cool shot and I was right. Well at least I think that I was right about it.) After we had played with the airplane for a bit Michael told us that the wind was just right that we could probably do a loop-de-loop. Linda was the first one to try to do this.

I think that she had it going good at the start but then the wind caught up the plane to much and it crashed towards me. It was still a ton of fun to watch her try it and at least she still has the plane with her so she can practice whenever she wants.

Michael thought that he could make it do the loop-de-loop thing. I still am totally amazed that I was able to get this on video. I have such a talented husband. I still can not believe that Michael almost got the airplane to do this twice in one throw.Once we were done throwing the airplane around we checked on Hope to make sure that she got a good drink of water before we left the area we were in to explore more of the park. I just think that it is important that Hope has enough water since she is a black dog and gets hotter then us. It sure was hot that day and I even got a little bit of a sun burn too so I know that Hope must have been dying for a drink. At least we found an area that had a good amount of shade for her to be under. When Hope was finished with her drink we walked around the park and on the far side we found a playground. It even had swings, the best part of a playground, but only one!So instead of swinging on the swing we took a picture of Linda and I together. It has been a long time since we have taken a picture of just the two of us and I wanted an updated one.Hope also had to have one last picture with Linda too. It was a lot of fun and we sure are going to be missing Linda a ton when she goes. Maybe the next time that we meet Linda will have the loop-de-loop thing down and can show off to all. All in all I think it was a great way to say goodbye to one another before our new adventures begin.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That was a really great way to say goodbye. I am enjoying Texas so far. The weather here is a bit crazy though. We have three seasons in one day. First it gets really hot during the day, then it cools down and rains in the night time. It's really funny. It is still warm when it rains though. Anyway, I will blog all about it.