Tuesday, April 14

Getting Ready For Reception

Between the luncheon and the reception was some free time so Michael and I took advantage of that time to take care of some things that we needed to do while we were up in Idaho. It was not a lot of time but enough to get it done. Then the funnest part of all was going back to the church to get ready for the reception and take some more pictures with the photographer. But I thought it would be kind of fun to take some pictures of the preparation for the reception and other things.Now this is the back of the wedding cake. I knew that I needed to get a picture of it before the reception and especially the cutting of it too. If you can not tell the writing on the cake says, "May the force be with you." Jordi wanted to have a Star Wars wedding theme but he at least got to have the cake with something Star Wars on it. I don't know what Julie thought of it though but I'm sure she didn't mind at all.Here is the guest book table as you come into the church (gym). Maren (Julie's little sister) actually made the guest book and it looked just amazing. I really wish that I had her make my guest book for our wedding. You can see what some of the pages look like from some that are put out on the table. You can also see that I was the very first person to write in it too, yeah for me! Another funny thing about this picture is that the two smaller framed pictures have both Jordi and Julie covered in lipstick. I think that is so cute!I know the picture is kind of dark but you can still see that everyone is getting ready but there is more behind this picture then what you think and I am not telling you at all. All I have to say is a big thanks to Jordi, what a nice new brother-in-law.Julie getting her hair all ready for the reception. I bet you also didn't know how multi-talented Maren was either. She does cute scrapbooking/guest books and hair styling.I LOVE THIS PICTURE!!! It just makes me smile. Julie and Jordi got a gift from the photographer of the pictures that she took at the temple that day and this ribbon was on the gift. As you can see Jordi had a fun idea of how to use the ribbon. If you can not tell what he is doing then you need to go and watch the movie the Karate Kid. Julie said at one point that he looked like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Rafael but I don't think Jordi has a temper like that turtle did.

No comments: