For my birthday my father gave me a gift with a piece of paper inside which said we were going to go on a daddy daughter date. I was very excited because I love spending one on one time with my dad. I think that my dad is one of the greatest people in the world! Yes, I love my daddy that much. For the date I got to pick where we would go out to eat at and what we would do too. We did have our date planned for Monday this week but that kind of didn't work out since one of my Uncles came to the house a little early for a funeral that was going to be happening on Tuesday and Wednesday. So we moved it for today which we did get to go. I picked to have dinner with my dad at Sonic which is a special place for me to go with my dad for some reason but I'm still not totally sure what that reason is at the moment. We had a lot of fun talking as we were going to and from Sonic and when we were finished eating we then went bowling. Now to let you know why I picked to do bowling with my dad. It has been a life long goal of mine to beat my dad at bowling. Ever since I was little I had always wanted to do that. To be totally honest about my bowling skill, I am not a very good...in truth I am terrible. I can do fine on the Wii bowling game but in real life I just can't cut it at all. My average best is like 68 and my dad seems to always get in the 120's so you see why this was kind of a big goal of mine to win against him. I even took a bowling class in college to see if it would help me get better so that I could one day win against my father. I decided to take my camera with me in hopes that if I did win I wanted photographic proof that I won or I am sure no one would believe me (he is that good). The first game that we played I got a 120! I still can't believe that I did that good and I am sure that it was a beginning luck kind of thing. I did not win that game because my dad got a 125 and that was with him warming up. Yeah I could have cried I was so close to winning. The second game we played I got a 89 which is better then my average which I was happy about but my wrist starting hurting while we were playing that game so I know that is why I wasn't doing so great but I don't care because that still is a really good score for me to have. I still wanted to play the last game we had left so I didn't tell my dad that my wrist was hurting. I don't remember what my dad got but he totally won it. I think it was like 160 something. The last game we played was a lot of fun and I was doing much better then the second game. Dad got a gutter ball on one of his turns for the first time that you throw and I could not believe it that I had to take a picture of it (I've never seen him do that). I figure that I was not going to win at all so I might as well get a picture of something that I have never seen him do before.
Sorry that you can not see it very well. It took me a long time to figure out how to get a good picture of it. Where you are suppose to be looking is the area that is in yellow and the last box that is full. There is a 7 after the gutter ball mark. I hope that helps you out a little in seeing it.
Here is one of it a little close but I am sure that you still can not read it very well too because I can't. At least you can see that I was winning up to this point. Yes, miracles do happen but I also knew that this was not going to be happening for long. You can believe me that it did not stop me from praying to win against my dad. Now here is the funny thing about taking these pictures. When I took these and was trying to get my camera to work so I had to take a lot of pictures. My dad was doing his turn of bowling and I figure that since his back was facing me I would be fine taking the pictures. Well I was wrong, he quickly turned around (since he got a strike) and got blinded by the flash. I felt so bad because it was on accident but he said I did it to cheat to win. At least he wasn't really close to me when the flash did go off and it is not my fault that the bowling place had it so dark inside that my camera used its flash. So for the rest of the game he kept on teasing me about it and then when I noticed that I was still winning I asked him if he was letting me win because this was my birthday gift. He said that it might be or it might be from me cheating. After that conversational question he continued to joke about both of those things.
Now because he joked about me blinding him I wanted to prove that he was far away from me when I took my picture of the television screen. I made sure that his back was to me this time when I got this picture of him. Also, I did zoom in on this picture when I took it so he is actually even farther away from me then what you see. You can also see just how dark it was in the place too. Finally when we were finished bowling I had to get a picture of my score because I was so shocked by it.
That's right!!! I got a 154! I am so happy about that because it was even better then the first game that I bowled. I am just so happy that I did so good and even with my wrist hurting me too. I hope you also notice all of the strikes that I got too and I even managed to get some spares in. I bet you are wondering what my dad got for his score too, well here it is.
I know!!! I actually got a higher score then my father!!! My life long goal has been fulfilled! I guess now you can see also what I was trying to show you earlier with him getting a gutter ball and all too. At least these pictures you can see the numbers a lot better.
I tried to get both of our scores in one picture but my camera just would not let me do it. I wanted to prove that these scores were in the same game and that I am not tricking anyone about me beating my dad at bowling finally either. I hope that you can see it and if you can't and don't believe me then I am so going to cry. I still can not believe that I won; like I'm still in shock. Now here is a question for all of you. My dad says that he won because he won two out of three games but I say that I won because I finally bet him at a game (which was my goal). I just want to know what you all think in regards to who won the game. I know what my opinion is but I also want to be fair with my dad. So please let me know if you think that I cheated with taking a picture of the screen and accidentally blinding him for a moment with the flash or if you think that he let me win or if I did it all on my own.
.
Now for the moral of the lesson today (I know you get a little extra). While we were bowling I found a token for the bowling places arcade and I asked my dad what we should do with it. We decided to go and see if they had anything for just one token which they did. The first and only machine we went to was the Wheel Of Fortune. When my dad finished reading what we were suppose to do we put in our token and waited. Nothing happened. The machine ate our free token that I had found on the ground. Now isn't it funny that we lost it on the Wheel of Fortune game? I thought it was funny and I told my dad that the lesson of the day is that gambling does not pay or even work. So I hope you all remember that when you find a token on the ground; don't use it because it will probably not work at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment