Monday, March 23

Weekend Recital

I have tons of things to tell you all about because this weekend held a lot of fun things. I also know that there is no way that they can all fit into one post either (mostly because of the pictures that I took) so you are going to have to just deal with it being several. Now, as you probably know already that Michael and I were going up to Idaho to see his sister because she is going to be getting married and so we went up so that I could go to her bridal shower. Later, at some point, we found out that she was also going to be having her last recital and we wanted to be there for that. I thought that it would be at night and the bridal shower in the afternoon so I had planned for us to leave in the morning sometime. I then found out that the recital was in the morning and the bridal shower was at night. Of course our plans had to change for us to leave for a early enough time so that we could make it there. My past college roommate, Mel (what I call her), was so kind as to watch Hope for us while we went to the recital. It actually worked out great for her because she had something to do herself that night and could have in no way watched the dog if the recital was at night. I'm just glad that everything worked out so well.
.
The recital was a ton of fun. I have so missed listening to her play and the beautiful music too. I know that Hope would have loved to be there too because when we lived in with Michael's parents Hope would love to watch and listen to Julie play. Even if she was in our bedroom and heard Julie playing she would go and sit by the door so that she could go and find her and watch her. I do feel bad that Michael had such a hard time staying awake at the recital but we had been up since 2:30 a.m. so that we could get there on time. I tried so hard to keep him awake and do my own camera thing too. I kept him awake for all of it except for one song but he said that he was awake just resting his eyes. He was a little upset with me but I figured since he could not go to the bridal shower later on that day that it was fine with him being mad at me for only a little bit.

This is actually the prelude song in D minor that she played at the very beginning of the recital. It is, Cello Suite II by J.S. Bach. I didn't get the very first part and I missed a little of the ending so you get to listen to the middle of it (sorry). I did have another video that I wanted to put on but it is so much longer that I am worried that it will not load or something like that. It is a video because it is one where I zoomed in on her while she was playing but it also is missing some of the beginning and the end of the song. Yes, I was having finger problems with buttons needing to be held down and my finger would get to tired and kind of slip off, but oh well. Isn't she just amazingly talented? Once the recital was finished I was able to take a lot of pictures which I always do!Here Julie is with one of her very good friends that helped with the recital. She is also part of the music program that Julie is in and they have know each other for a very long time. I think that they both look very beautiful in there dresses.Here is the very cute couple that will be getting married soon! Jordi actually sat but Michael at the concert and now I wonder if I should have asked him to help me keep Michael awake but it is my job to do that so it is fine. Julie got the beautiful roses from her parents and a great big hug from Jordi. I think that Jordi was very proud of Julie that day.Once we left the recital hall there was a wonderful, I guess you would call it breakfast spread, that they had spread out on a table in the main area of the building. We talked to several people and I even go to meet some of Jordi's family which I have been wanting to do for quite some time now. Then we took more pictures and as you can tell this one is of the proud parents with Julie. I just love how it looks like everyone is just glowing.This is a picture of us, of the family, that attended. Aunt Joy was there but she had to leave to go do something else so she is not in the picture but she was at the recital. I was so much fun seeing family again and all there to support Julie but that isn't hard to do because we love her all so much. It was a wonderful beginning of a wonderful day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Man, watching that video of her playing her violin makes me wish that I hadn't quit playing mine!!!

Monica said...

I remember listening to you play too and you do know that you could always pick it up again too.