Monday, March 23

Bridal Show

After the recital was finished Michael and I went and picked up Hope. We actually stayed there a little while because I wanted to talk with Mel since I don't get to do that very often. I was also enjoying seeing her two little boys playing with hope. Especially the youngest one that was scared of Hope when we first got there but he had become so brave with her, since the time that we left, that he would actually stick his entire hand in her mouth to get a toy away from her. I was totally proud of my little puppy for doing so wonderful with them and also very thankful to my sister for bringing her little boy over to play with Hope every now and again at my parents house. Then Hope actually got to meet their dog which is a drug search one and I could not believe it but Hope actually bullied him into playing with her but they soon became great friends that we had to stay and let her play with him a little longer. When we had left her that morning I totally thought that she would just take a nap because she did not sleep very well in the car going up. Mel said that she did not sleep at all and that she had been playing with the boys like this the entire time. Hope even got to explore the backyard and had a wonderful time there too that she actually did not want to come back inside of the house! Another thing that I am so proud of her is that my friend has a cat and I have been wondering what Hope would do because she had cats as her playmates when she was born and she has always wanted to go and say hello to them when she sees them but as you can guess most of them are to scared of her to let her get close. She did get close to Mel's cat and they were actually nose to nose and I am so sorry that I missed it but Hope did great and when the cat meowed at her she just tilted her head trying to figure it out. I so wish that I could have gotten a picture of it but at least I know that Hope is totally fine with boys and cats. I guess that means we just need to work on little girls. When we finally did leave Mel's house we went out to lunch with Michael's family and left Hope in the car who had a wonderful nap. After lunch was finished we then all split up with the men going to do the manly thing of checking the storage unit, Michael's and mine, and the girls got to go to the bridal show. I so think that us girls won on doing the more fun thing.
.
To let you know about the bridal show every year the college has one that is so much fun to go to and you get to see all of the hard work that the students do from that year. I guess that I should say what they have learned that year in their classes. The show takes up almost all of the space in a entire building and those are really big! Julie has a friend that was actually the leader of the entire thing and I was totally amazed to hear that she is actually only a freshmen! I also took a ton of pictures of the show but I'm sorry that you will not be able to smell the flowers, they were wonderful.This was just so stunning that I had to take a picture of it. I love how the combined these colors together. I so wish that I was that talented but I think that my talent is being able to appreciate the hard work that goes into it and the beauty that was created.Now these are equally as beautiful but something interesting about these flowers is who made them/arranged. When we were at Mel's house she told me that her sister-in-law had done a flower arrangement at the bridal show. She told me her name and I kept an eye out for it the entire time and found it and this is it. I think she also did a wonderful job and I love how she picked such a happy flower color.As you walk through the bridal show they have rooms set up with themes that a person could possibly do for there wedding but it is still focused around the flowers and plants, of course. This is just an example and the craziest one of them all I think and that is why I had to get a picture of it. It just makes me think like I'm at a retro night club kind of thing and if we turned off the lights everything would glow in the dark. I don't know if you can see this but Julie and Maren are in the picture at the end of the path with Maren waving at me.Here we are at a tropical kind of room and it was so pretty in here. I think that this room was part of the green house though but I'm not totally sure about that either. I think that it is funny but in the picture we have it going from tallest to shortest which we did not do on purpose. (It goes: Julie, Maren, Me.)This was just a beautiful waterfall that I had to get a picture of. The pond was cute too but there was a couple of people in the way so I just got what I could. This was also still in the tropical room as the same picture above.These where just flowers hanging from the ceiling and as you can probably figure out yes it is still from the tropical room. I just loved how everything was in beautiful bloom in that room. I think that the only thing that it was missing was live birds flying around the area. Now wouldn't that be a fun room to have in your home?The flower arrangement here is an example of an option Julie has for her wedding. We were showed another one when we first got in but I didn't get a picture of it. I really love the ribbon around the bottom of the flowers and have been told that is really hard to do but isn't that just stunning? I also loved the look of the flowers and feel bad that you can not see what the other one looked like because it was equally as beautiful. I did almost forget the other fun part of the bridal show. CAKE!!! In each room with the theme they have a cake made to match that theme.I thought that this cake was so cute and I love the detail that it has with all of the flowers on it too. It was just a happy little cake in my opinion. This cake actually didn't go with any of the rooms but it did with the flowers that were on the table with it. I didn't get a picture of those though because I liked the cake more and wanted you to see the amazing detail that it had on it too.This cake went with the Japanese room that they had there and I just loved it. Julie liked the flowers on it and I totally agree with her on that. I just love how it somehow makes the cake come to life in a way. When I showed Michael this picture he said that it was the tree of life, lol. I sure do have a cute husband.Yes, this is a cake that was in the retro room. I can not believe or even figure out how they got the top of it to stand like that. I mostly took this picture for my oldest sister because she loves these things and actually collects them too. I could never get them to go back to how they are suppose to be but that is okay. I also can not totally see this being used at a wedding but everyone does have there own still. I can see the cake being used at a birthday party and I do know a few people that I think are amazingly talented in making cakes that I'm sure they could figure out how to do this (Cindy, Challene, Melody).I'm sorry but I had to put this picture in because I just love these kinds of screens and I love the Japanese writing on it too even though I have no clue what it says I still think that it is wonderful. I did love this theme room but I wish they had like gone even more out with it or something. Don't get me wrong it was beautiful but it was my favorite room. When us ladies were finished going through the bridal show we went out shopping. Maren and I went to a shoe store to help Julie find some wedding shoes. This was the very first thing that I got to help with that involves the wedding so I was way excited. We found a great pair but some of the things that we found were kind of funny especially this one.When we first entered the store I was just looking for white shoes and say that it was white on the top and then realized that it was colorful on the inside. Julie was the first one to get to it and started laughing really hard. Maren and I quickly ran over to her to see what was making her laugh so good and she showed us the inside of the shoe. I know, it is kind of hard to read what the shoe says but it still made us girls laugh really hard. The shoe says, "heart breaker," on it and I think that it can apply to all girls that get married. I should have gotten something like that for my wedding because I know that I must have been braking a lot of hearts when I got married. It sure was nice to have some fun family girl time together that afternoon.

No comments: