Sunday, March 29

Trip For A Interview

As you can tell from the title, Michael got a interview. What happened is on my birthday Michael called a company that was looking for someone in his field and he talked with them for quite some time and they told him to call them again tomorrow so that they could have a night to talk about him. So then the next day (Brandon's birthday) we called and they said that they would like to meet with him which we were so excited about. We told them that we would see them tomorrow and they said that would be fine and to just come in at any time that we got there. So I had to quickly pack Michael and me and even Hope for this trip that was going to be several days. Let me tell you that is a very difficult thing to do on such short notice. I am the type of person that likes to know everything that I am taking and have a list so that I know that I am not forgetting anything either. Then I called one of my aunts and asked if we could stay a night with her to help break up our trip and she was so good as to let us stay with her on such short notice and with other company in her house too. Once everything was taken care of we were off on the road.We had listen to the weather report as we were getting everything ready and all along the trip they had storm warnings. The picture is of what the storm looked like in Utah but other than that we were blessed enough to have good enough weather for the roads.Hope just loved looking outside of the car as we were starting but eventually she did fall asleep and was wonderful for the entire trip. She also loved it when I would try to entertain her by rolling down the window just a little bit so that she could get a good gust of air in her face. When we stayed at my aunts house Hope was so excited to get out of the car and run around for a couple of minutes but she was really excited to meet their dog. They didn't get to play to much because it was so late and everyone was ready for bed. It did take Hope some time to finally settle down and go to sleep because there was just so many new things to explore and new smells too. We got up really early the next morning and started off again to the job interview. We drove in good weather again until we reached the blue mountains. It was pretty nasty there but we were able to make it through just fine and then the rest of the trip went by really quickly and before we knew it we were there. Once in town we found the company that Michael was going to be having the interview with and Michael talked with them and they told him to go and check into the hotel (that they were paying for) and get settled. When we finally got into our room Hope just went crazy! This is actually another first for her, staying in a hotel. She had to go and smell everything. Hope was so happy to be out of the car that she was actually skipping around the room. She also had to discover everything which was so cute to watch her to do that.Here Hope has discovered the bathroom and she loved it in there probably because the floor was cold enough for her. She did have problems getting up and out because she would hit her head.Hope was so totally taken in by the closet mirror door. She sat there for quite some time trying to figure out how the other got got there and why it didn't have a smell and why it would not play with her. After a long amount of time in the room she finally figured out that the dog was not going to do anything with her so she would just ignore it, funny girl.Hope finally fell asleep after all of the excitement. It didn't take her long at all to find a spot to sleep in that she liked and felt secure at too. Hope mostly slept while Michael left us to go to his interview which lasted 4 and 1/2 hours long! I had no idea that it was going to be that long but it was fine. I only wished that I had taken a book along with me or something to do but I was fine watching the television and trying to nap myself. Once Michael got back he told me that it went wonderful and that they wanted to meet Hope and me! I was so nervous because I was not expecting to do that so suddenly but I still went. Everyone at the company was so nice but Hope was a little scared of everyone but I am sure that she will warm up with time like she normally does. When we were leaving they told Michael to stop by again tomorrow which is always a good thing to hear. We then decided that we would explore the town and find dinner. We found lots of stores that we like and we even found a wonderful dog park that I feel is a good and safe area for Hope (mostly because it has a fence). The next day Michael went again and Hope and I were left alone and so I was just going to relax but the maids came and so I decided that I would take Hope for a walk while they did their thing. There was a nice river that was behind the hotel with a walkway that Hope and I took and had a really fun time on except for all of the goat head thistles.On the trail they have a few benches where you can just sit and watch the water. Hope liked doing that except that she wanted to actually jump in the water and swim, not just watch it. It was really hard to keep her out of it but at least she listened to me this time.This is one of my most favorite pictures that I took that day. Hope was watching a bunch of ducks swimming in the water. I think that she wanted to go and play with them but I am sure that the ducks would not like that very much.Yes, we did stay at the bench for sometime because Hope was enjoying herself so much. It was hard to get her to move over and let me sit down on the bench too. I think that Hope looks like a little queen in this picture, don't you?When we finally got back the the hotel we noticed that in the back was this really pretty gazebo. The dead plants around it are some rose bushes which would have been nice if they were in bloom for the picture but maybe another time. I just thought what a beautiful area this would be to take pictures especially with the water in the background.Hope could just not get away from watching the water. I also loved the gazebo so much that I think that I am going to have to get one some day myself. It was a fun walk and by the time we were done with it the maids had finished and we could be in our room while we waited for Michael again. This time he was only gone for three hours so I am assuming that all was going well for him at the interview again. When he did get back it was time to do some more exploring and get some information about housing too.

2 comments:

Jimmy said...

I love those pictures of Hope!

Monica said...

I think that they are some of the best pictures that I have taken of her so far and I am so happy with how good she was for me too.