Monday, March 23

Party For Two

Since Brandon and I have our birthdays right next to each other it is easy for the family to celebrate them on the same day. We did a family party yesterday at my second oldest sisters house since it was a somewhat middle traveling distance for everyone. Michael did not get to stay for the entire thing because he has a meeting at work that night. I was totally bummed out about that but at least I could hang out with him on my birthday, that is after he got off work and took care of some business too.I took a picture just to prove that Michael was at the party for the beginning of it. You can also see that Hope is in the background and not chained up but I will tell you about that later.Everyone at the party ate a dinner and then it was time for the cake and presents which is when Michael had to leave. Brandon and I had to share a cake and the candles on it too, sort of. Like my candles were pink and his were yellow. I know that you can not see that right now but you will just have to take my word for it.Our family sang to both of us and then I got to blow out the candles first because I was older. Everyone at the party said that I had to just blow out the pink candles and a few people thought that I couldn't do it and that they would have to relight Brandon's. That made up my mind to do only the pink ones in one breath. I think that I amazed everyone that I was actually able to do it and to be honest that did surprise me too. I didn't think I had that good of lungs for it but I guess I was wrong too.Now since all of the pink candles were out it was way easy for Brandon to make his wish and blow out all of the candles in one shot which was funny because when I did it there was hardly any smoke at all but he had a massive cloud.Here is what the caked looked like in case you were wondering. It was really good and I got to eat the part with the yellow balloon.I put this picture in because it is one that I like of myself.Since my birthday was before my brothers I got to open up my presents first. I got a lot of wonderful things from my family and greatly appreciated the thought that they all put into it.After I was finished with my gifts Brandon open his and this is what Michael and I got him. He started laughing really hard when he opened it and so did one of his roommates that came to the party too. The reason was because two days ago he bought this game! I was so upset with him because I am sure that it is written somewhere that you are not allowed to go shopping before your birthday. He told me that he would just take back the other game and keep mine. Oh well, I at least tried and I did pick something that he wanted but it wasn't on the list that he gave mom so I guess that means that I know my little brother really well. Now to let you know about what Hope was doing during the party.Hope got a new outside stake-in-the-ground kind of thing so that she can move around a little bit more when we go and visit my sisters house. Hope did do pretty good and was really happy to move around with only getting tangled up a few times but a lot of the time she was able to get herself out of it.Here you can see how it looks and how far it lets her move around. She is looking off to the side at a neighbors house that has two dogs in the yard. The yard did not have a fence so at one point the kind of sunk up on Hope and scared her pretty good so she made sure to keep a eye on them after that. They did not come back over with her watching them though and they really didn't seem to mind it when we finally left the party either. Hope did sleep in the car for the entire drive home which means that she had a lot of fun too. I was a really great time together with the family and the only thing that would have made it better is if Michael could have stayed for the entire thing.

No comments: