Finally to the main event of the day. It was attending Julies bridal shower. I had been looking forward to this for a long time because I don't get to go to many but it was even more of a deal because it was for my sister-in-law. I had a wonderful time at the party and I am sure that everyone else did too. There was a ton of people that came and I know that everyone had a wonderful time. The first thing that we did was eat some food and while everyone was eating, the leader of the advent, had everyone stand up and say their name and how you knew Julie and to give her some advice. I thought that was a ton of fun and a great idea. A lot of people said things that I would have told her myself but it helped me think really hard about what I have learned from my marriage. I gave her the best advice that I could think of and that was to make sure you put the other person before you and try to help them and serve them and make them happy because when you are selfish things can go wrong very quickly.
Here is Julie listening to all of the advice that people were giving her. It was so nice but someone at the party (I don't know who) wrote down all of the advice so that Julie can keep it and remember it too. Then it was time for some games! The first game that we played was to have Julie answer questions about Jordi and if she got it wrong she would have to put a piece of gum in her mouth and chew it. I just have to say that I am so happy that I didn't have to do that at my bridal shower because it looked hard and I am also not much of a gum chewer either.
Here is Julie listening to all of the advice that people were giving her. It was so nice but someone at the party (I don't know who) wrote down all of the advice so that Julie can keep it and remember it too. Then it was time for some games! The first game that we played was to have Julie answer questions about Jordi and if she got it wrong she would have to put a piece of gum in her mouth and chew it. I just have to say that I am so happy that I didn't have to do that at my bridal shower because it looked hard and I am also not much of a gum chewer either. I am really glad that Julie knew the answer to some of those questions because it was getting really hard for her to talk with all of that gum in her mouth. (This is a long video so you don't have to watch it all it is just fun to hear some of the questions that were asked and the answers that were given and then what the right ones are.)
In the plastic bag is all of the gum that Julie had in her mouth. I can not believe how much there is but I am glad that there was a lot of it left in the cup that she did not have to chew either. At least the gum did not do any damage. The next game that we played was to see how well we knew Julie. There was a lot of questions and Julie had to write down what her answer would be to each question. At the end of all of the questions she told us her answers. I think that I did pretty good because I scored a 10.5 on the entire thing. Of course, Maren and Julie's Mom won but I was kind of expecting that because they would know her the best. It was still a fun game to play. Then it was time to open up the gifts. Julie got a lot of great things and some where really fun too.
This gift was from all of us Shipley girls: Julies Mother, Maren, Aunt Joy, Grandma, and Me. It was so kind of them to include me in the gift and I was totally not expecting that either. As you can see Julie is trying to peak in on all of the good stuff that was in the basket.
In the plastic bag is all of the gum that Julie had in her mouth. I can not believe how much there is but I am glad that there was a lot of it left in the cup that she did not have to chew either. At least the gum did not do any damage. The next game that we played was to see how well we knew Julie. There was a lot of questions and Julie had to write down what her answer would be to each question. At the end of all of the questions she told us her answers. I think that I did pretty good because I scored a 10.5 on the entire thing. Of course, Maren and Julie's Mom won but I was kind of expecting that because they would know her the best. It was still a fun game to play. Then it was time to open up the gifts. Julie got a lot of great things and some where really fun too.
This gift was from all of us Shipley girls: Julies Mother, Maren, Aunt Joy, Grandma, and Me. It was so kind of them to include me in the gift and I was totally not expecting that either. As you can see Julie is trying to peak in on all of the good stuff that was in the basket.I thought that I would do a video of her opening up this gift because it was from all of us. At least now you can know what was in the basket. Sorry but again I missed a little of the start of opening it. I think that I need to work on my camera/film skills. So that was the bridal shower and I had a wonderful time and sure do wish that every day could be as fun as it was today. I sure can not wait until the wedding day and we all get to celebrate Julie and Jordi being a family.
2 comments:
Julie looks a lot different from when I saw her last which was at your wedding! I'm very happy for her!
We are so excited for her and Jordi. They are such a cute couple too!
Post a Comment