Wednesday, March 11

Model Railroad Festival (Part 2)

I think that the cutest part of the entire day was when Matty actually got to drive a train but not any train, Thomas The Train!Here my dad it trying to show and explain to Matty how to get the train to move while the guy that should be helping him is giving out candy to the kids that went before Matty. Actually come to think of it Matty never got his piece of candy from that guy, oh well. I love how focused Matty is at driving the train. Yes, another train is running the same times as Matty's. It helped with the crowd control to have two trains to drive but Matty was sure lucky to be able to drive the Thomas one in the middle. I have to be honest but that is really the only train that I can remember from that show. I'm not sure if they do still have it on T.V. or not but at least I remembered that one. We did actually see a lot of Thomas Trains and some of his friends in all sorts of sizes too. I would make sure to point out any of them to Matty when I saw them. Once we were done here it was back to looking at more trains and the fun landscape that came with them.Matty was so excited when he saw this landscaping that he told me to take a picture of all of it so I did just for him. I don't know how people can have the patients to find all of these things but it sure was fun to look at the collection that they had.I didn't even realize that in the movie that they had this many lighting McQueen stunt doubles, did you?Matty had a lot of fun telling my dad all of the names of the cars that he knew and the ones that he didn't he would ask my dad.I told you that it was a big collection. This was also only one side of a train that we were looking at and they sure did have a fun of things on their display. I think that if something like this was in my home it would be way to much of a temptation for we to play with.I must say that I am totally amazed at how some people can think out of the box or more like under the track. Only one display station had a part of it under the normal land area. Like there were tons of tunnels and things but none of them did a bridge like this. It was so nice for Matty to be able to stand on his own and look at some of the things they had. Dad is pointing out the fire the hobo's are enjoying and I was trying to get Matty to look at the men fishing in the river.This was another spot were we didn't have to hold Matty up so that he could see the trains because someone was thoughtful enough to have brought a little step ladder for the kids that came to the festival. I do know that the size of this train was called a, "Z." I think that it is the smallest train that they make but I am not sure on that. Matty had so much fun with this train and did not want to leave it for anything. Maybe it was because this train came around more then any of the others that we saw that day. By this time it was sure getting really crowded in the building and hot too.This was one of my most favorite trains that we saw while there. This is a very old style suitcase that you would have seen in older days, of course. The size of the train inside is also a "Z" train like the picture above. Isn't that just amazing at how they can fit such a small train in side of it? I think this is my favorite kind because it is a train that can travel around with you everywhere.Matty liked this one more then the other because it had a statue of a dinosaur in the little town. Lets see if you can find it too and to let you know all of these trains worked and could actually make noise as they went around too! (Not to much more left.)

1 comment:

Jimmy said...

Ha ha! Sounds like he really had a good time!