Wednesday, March 11

Model Railroad Festival (Part 1)

This has been a long time coming and I have no idea why it has taken me so long to get except for the fact that when other things get in the way it can not be helped to prolong the thing that you want to do. This last Saturday was The Hostlers Model Railroad Festival which my father, my nephew Matty and I all went to see. It was a ton of fun to watch Matty and my father together enjoying the trains and it was really nice for me to be able to get out of the house and just do something different too. There was quite a few fun things to do when we got there but the first thing that we did was let Matty take a ride on this really cute little train that they had outside in the front of the building.Matty was so excited to ride the train and he didn't have to wait very long at all when we got there either (you will see what I mean). He was so adamant on having to ride in the blue car that was at the very front. He really liked that one for some reason but I don't know why he was a little shy about sitting down in it.I had to take a picture with the tiny little train engine thing that was power this ride. I can not believe that something so small can have that much power. Matty is trying to be patient waiting for the other passenger to get on the train so that they can go.Here is the length of the train but even more interesting is you can see just how many people were on it that morning. Yeah, I told you that he didn't have to wait long to go on the train because there was no line at all. I guess you could saw Matty was the line. He did have a lot of fun riding it and kept on waving at us every time that he came around.Matty had a lot of fun also talking to the conductor of the train as they went around. I'm just glad that it wasn't to cold for him that morning when he was ridding on it.

.
Here you can see just how big the track really was and they went around it only three times and then had to get off. I hope you can see the big smile he has on his face as he is going around the track. Now going to the fun inside of the building. When we paid for our tickets my dad told me that the numbers on our tickets is for a free drawing that they have every hour. Matty got a ticket too and I kept that so that I could check his numbers for him. Whoever was reading the numbers did it really fast but Matty was only two numbers off from winning a prize one time. But the real reason for being there was not to try and win a prize but to look at the trains!We had to hold Matty a lot so that he could see the trains so I am very grateful that he is such a light boy. He had so much fun watching the trains come by and loved pointing them out to my dad and asking him questions. (Sorry about some of the pictures being fuzzy but I had to put my camera on night vision because it was to dark to see any pictures on any of the other settings that my camera has.) The train that we are looking at right now was just the second one that we saw when we got there and there sure was a ton of trains to see. I also am sorry to say but I am not sure what model size this train was. Maybe a "N" or something close to it. If you do not know they do size of model trains by letter and not number.This is the same train but just a little further down. They had some really cute town set ups that you could look at while you waited for the train to make its way back to you again.Here you can see how some of the town was set up for this track. This is only one side of the track but still it was way cute and Matty liked all the animals too. So I took this picture mostly for him but I thought that it was cute myself with how it reminded me of the movie, Dumbo. (More to come very soon.)

1 comment:

Jimmy said...

That sounds fun!