Saturday, March 14

Jimmy's Turn

Today had so many fun things happening that Hope and I woke up extra early from all of the excitement that was building up inside of us. We woke up at three a.m. so that we could get ourselves ready for all that we were going to be doing. I had to pack a lot of things for our adventure which is really hard to do with a hyper little puppy. I think Hope knew since yesterday that she was going to get to do something extra special, meet Jimmy for the first time. If you remember in one of my earlier post I told you about how Linda, Heather, Liz and I all went to Build-A-Bear, part of our girls day out thing. Well Jimmy was getting to go for the very first time and I really wanted to go along too and so Michael, Hope and I meet them there today. It was a lot of fun and really crowded too because there was a St. Patrick's Day show. I did not know that they were even going to be doing something like that at the mall so it was very hard to find a parking space but we did eventually and even made it in time to meet everyone at the store. When I got in they were actually at the front of a very long line so that made it all the nicer for me. Jimmy picked out a really cool monkey as his very first Build-A-Bear friend. Before he could stuff his they had to reload the machine that does that and said that they kids in the line could help. I so wanted to but it is okay maybe if I am lucky I can do it another time.At first everyone was in a line to have a turn and then it just became everyone clumped together to put the stuffing up the tube they had connected to the machine. It sure did look pretty powerful at how fast the cotton flew up it.I just love how Jimmy is so serious with doing a good job here. The lady that was en-charge had to keep telling the other kids to not send such big clumps up the machine.When the machine was finally full again it was Jimmy's turn to have his new friend stuffed (man that sounds funny). Something interesting though is that the guy stuffing Jimmy's monkey was also the guy that stuffed my bunny (so Jimmy make sure that back seam does not come undone when you get home like it did for mine).The guy put his hat that he was wearing on Jimmy's head. I think that it makes him look like a cool sailor or something like that.Something fun that you can do (that is if they let you) is step on a petal and stuff your own animal. I think that is way nice of them to let you do that because then you can control how much you want inside of it.

After you are done stuffing your new friend you have to do some pretty interesting things before you are aloud to put a heart inside of it. It is kind of fun too though and I think that Jimmy did a great job at all he needed to do for his new special friend.
When you are done with stuffing it you will remember that you take it over to the tub to clean it up. Linda showed him the pedal to step on to let out the air to help with the task. I think Jimmy was a little bit better at cleaning his then I was with my friend.I love this picture and I have to tell you why that is. If you go and read what Linda wrote of today and look at the pictures that she took you will see that she has a picture of me taking a picture of Jimmy but the funny thing about it is that I was taking a picture of her taking a picture of Jimmy. So I think we both ended up taking a picture of each other thinking we were taking one of Jimmy. I hope that made sense and if not then oh well. We sure did have a lot of fun and the best part was after Jimmy was done with building his new friend, Sir Swings-A-Lot, he got to meet Hope! Since the show was going on outside of the shop and there was a ton of dogs there too Hope was a little over hyper and had a hard time focusing. Hope also loves Linda so much that she totally had to say hello to her first before anything else. I'm glad that Jimmy got to pet her and finally meet her and give her some treats because that always helps. I know that she would have gotten to know Jimmy better though if not so much was going on around all of us. It might have made Hope a little nerves but she did seem like she was doing fine. After Jimmy was done Linda and I both got a outfit for our twin bunnies and then Michael and I had to leave because of a birthday party and we were hungry and could not go into the food court with Hope. It sure was a fun day and I know that two of my favorite people really enjoyed it as well.As you can tell. The only time they both snuggle like this is when they are both so dog gone tired. I so can not wait for the next fun adventure that we will have and hopefully I will get to take a nap after it too.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so funny that we both took pictures or each other taking pictures of Jimmy!!!

Monica said...

I know what is the odds of that happening, really! I do wish that I was able to get a picture of Jimmy holding his new friend but maybe another time.

Jimmy said...

I like Hope. You guys got up at 3? Well maybe I'll get to see her again someday in a quieter room.

Monica said...

I'm glad that you liked her and yes we got up that early because we were both just so excited. For us it is very hard to sleep when you just can't wait for something that you know is going to be wonderful. I'm also sure that you will be able to meet Hope again too.