Sunday, March 29
Apartment Option
Since this interview went so well we knew that we needed to at least look at what kind of housing we could get into. We also knew that we only had this half of a day to find something that we would like and that could kind of work for us too. The challenge was that most places do not allow dogs or if they do they only allow small dogs. Also Hopes breed is considered on the black list meaning that no one that even allows dogs like them in the apartments. I don't know why because I think that she is extra sweet; I just find it all unfair. We first talked to a property manager and she was nice but there was things that we did not like at all and that gave us some major red flags about their methods. Basically what we got from talking with her is that we could not trust them and not to go that way. We then called this other place that was an apartment complex that the company Michael interviewed with told us about. They told us that they were fine with any size and type of dog. We told them about how we had someone try to brake into our apartment once and what they would do (like who pays for the damage). The man we talked to was so nice and up front and honest and we both really liked him. He only had a two bedroom apartment for us to look at but I think that is what we would have to get with all of the things that we have. Hope also needs the extra space to run around in too. I took pictures so that I could remember what it looked like but that is a bonus for you because that means that you get to see it too.
Here is what the living room looks like (from the kitchen view). That is a wood burning fireplace which is way nice in my opinion and I would never have dreamed about having one so soon either. The apartment has a ton of natural lighting which is nice because maybe it would help to save some money on the electric bill. All of the windows are also low enough that Hope would be able to look out of them without having to stand up on something.
From the front door you can see the dinning room area and the kitchen. I do think that the kitchen is a little small. We do have a lot of kitchen dishes and pots and pans and more so I hope that they all fit in there. Before I forget all of the carpet is really new, like only a year old. They are also going to be putting in new windows in a few years too.
Here is what the kitchen looks like from the other side of the bar that you see from the dinning room. It still is pretty small but I think that it could work for us. Good thing that I am a very organized person, I guess.
Here is what the kitchen looks like closer up. Some of the apartments have litter cabinets and some even have larger fridges. I don't know why or how it varies but at least they were up front with us on that issue.
To the side of the kitchen is the washer and dryer and those do come with the units. We did tell the man that we do have our own washer and dryer and he said that it would be no problem at all for us to put in our own. It was really nice to be able to be there in person to make sure that our machines would fit and it would be just fine.
Now this is the second bedroom and it is near the front door. It is a little bit smaller then the master but still really nice. The bed that you see is a queen size bed so it can kind of give you an idea of how big the room is. This view is from the bathroom.
This is the closet for the second room which is really big and the nice thing too is that the owner of the apartment said that they can customize the closet to what we need it to be with no extra charge too. I think that is really nice of them to offer but I know that I don't really need them to do that either. We would mostly use this extra room for a office and pet room. Maybe even a sewing room for me too but we will have to wait and see.
Here is what the bathroom looks like and yes I know it is a little retro. The shower is also a bit run down looking but I hope that whatever apartment we live in looks a little better. A really nice thing though is that there is a medicine cabinet on the left side of the wall that I could use to help me see the back of my hair. I'm excited for that!
This is the master bedroom and there is a closet like the one in the second bedroom to the right of the picture. This room, like the others, has mostly natural lighting too. This is also a queen size bed and there is still plenty of room to walk around. We could fit everything of our bedroom furniture in this room just fine with room to still walk around.
Yes! There is a second closet for the master bedroom and it is a walk-in closet which is so nice that we have it. This apartment gives us a ton of storage that is so nice to have. I do enjoy looking at these pictures to kind of help me figure out where I would put our things and it is nice to dream about something positive too.
From the master bedroom you can see the front door and something nice is the linen closet too. It is way deep and It would be wonderful to have. Even though this place is pretty old I still think that it is pretty nice and it would be a big blessing for us to live in a place like this. The only concern was about Lilly's tank. They normally only like tanks no bigger then 10 galleons and Lilly's is, I think, like 29 galleons. We told them up front about it and they guy that we were talking to also grew up with a turtle just like her and he had no problem with it either which was a huge blessing to us.
This is the outside of the apartment and I think that the little patio is way cute and just to let you know that the little square of dirt we can plant whatever we want there (except a tree). There is also another square of dirt in front of the window to the left of the picture. The man also said that it was no problem for us to tie Hope up in the front as long as she does not bug the neighbors. So over all we really liked it. There is also a pool and a workout room and the parking system that they do there is wonderful! I'm not sure that we would be able to find a better place that meets so much of our needs. It is very close to Michael job, if he gets it, that he could ride his bike or even walk if he wanted to do so. It is also very close to a vet that would see both Lilly and Hope which is amazing. I just still can not get over the location so I guess that I should not worry about the prize but it is much higher then what I am use to, it will just take some time. I hope that you all enjoyed the tour and we will just have to wait and see what is going to happen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That apartment looks awesome! I really hope that it all works out!!
I sure hope that it all works out too. I really hate playing this waiting game but hopefully it will all pay off in the end.
Post a Comment