Sunday, February 8
Hope Ran Away
Yesterday started out pretty well with Michael and I having a lot of fun doing a mini date and all until night fell. NO! I am not scared of the dark but Hope ran away from home last night. Let me tell you what happened, Michael and I were preparing our lesson for church today and we were down in the kitchen making treats for the kids is our class. Since we were already downstairs we decided to let Hope outside for one last time that night. Normally she is really good and will go to where she is suppose to and come running back up to the door where we are waiting with her treat. To let you know the yard does not have a fence at all so it is scary sending her out sometimes by herself. But last night I guess she must have saw a deer and just took off after it. She ran so far away that we could not even see her. Given, yes, it was dark but she ran onto the golf course and that is a open up space area. Michael called and called for her and I knew he was worried about waking up the neighbors but I have to be honest that I really didn't care about waking them up because she is so important to me and she really means the world to me. I know that some people will never understand why that is and that is ok. Michael did go out and look for her on the golf course and I helped too and even then we couldn't find her and just as Michael was coming home Hope came running to him and Michael almost caught her but she passed by him and started heading home by herself. I did call her and catch her but man we were so upset that she left and wondered off so far but also so grateful that she returned to us. I hate that we don't have a fence here because I don't feel like the backyard is a safe place for her and she is still a puppy and since she is a Husky that is something that is a major problem for that breed, running off (they call it wonder lust). I'm just so grateful that she did come home but the sad thing is now we can not trust her and she will have to be on a leash and we have to walk her out every time that she needs to go. She is already on her leash way to much in the house (because of some rules) and the only place now that she can be off the leash is in our room. I'm just sad that this entire thing happened. I really want to be able to take her someplace safe to just run and not have to worry about her every second that she is outside. Will life ever get that good?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Life will be that good someday! I know it will! That is scary that she ran away! I would have freaked out and gone crazy! I'm glad that she came back though.
Dogs can be just weird somtimes. But as dogs get older, they try to do more than they think they can, so yeah, Dogs have little minds. there fun, but have little minds. They think of what looks fun, But don't think of what there owners will think of it...
I totally understand. Xena liked to run. Usually just to have us chase her though. Of course, the day Sara went through the temple, she got out while we were gone. Wandered a little more than a mile, even getting on the freeway at one point. Luckily she had her tag so Animal Control could find us.
Linda,
Believe me I was totally freaking out the entire time that she was gone and had to look like I was ok and in control.
Jimmy,
Dogs can be very werid sometimes and Hope for sure is but that makes her more fun to be around. I do hope that she does get smarter as she gets older. Some dogs are pretty smart though and she is one of them I think. I was counting how many tricks she knows and she is up at 18 right now and is still learning a couple new ones.
Cindy,
Hope really does love to run and lucky we get her to chase us. I had no idea that she got out and went so far too! When we first got Hope we were worried that she would do this running off thing so we made sure that we had her micro-chiped. I just hope that we never really do lose her but it is a comfort to know that she does have that.
18 tricks! Wow, LOTS more than Xena can!
How many did Xena know?
....none......
Post a Comment