Saturday, February 21

Five Miles

Today I really wanted some alone time and what better way to get that then taking Hope out on a walk. I didn't know exactly where I would walk off to but I made sure to take the cell phone with me so that I could call for Michael to come and save us if we got to tired. Somehow though the walk ended up being five miles long. Hope did great on the walk but my feet really did hurt after I had found a place to sit and wait for Michael to come and get me. It was wonderful to have the alone time and on such a nice day too. When I finally got home I had decided in my mind that I was not going to do anything else today except just lay down in bed and rest my poor feet. Of course that didn't last very long because as always things need to get done. I had lots of cleaning to do and then I even did a little extra, mostly for Hope. Something that I can not believe is that after doing all of those things my feet no longer hurt at all. I don't know why or how that even happened but I am very glad that it did. But I think that the best part of the entire day was Hopes little attitude towards me because I kept her so busy that she didn't get to take a nap at all. Oh how I wish you could have seen her face. At least now she is getting to go to bed and I am very sure that she will sleep very well.
.
(I am planning to one day walk 14-16 miles in one day. I think that five miles was a pretty good start for not having walked that far in a long time. It did take me two hours to do just that but I am hoping and planning on getting much faster. We will see what happens.)

6 comments:

Jimmy said...

Thats a LONG way!

Monica said...

Tell me about it and I am still crazy enough to try and go farther. I must admit thought that my legs are killing me but my feet are fine. I'm sure one day you will proably walk that far or more for one reason or another. :)

Unknown said...

Thats awesome!!! I'm very proud. I wish I had a dog that I could take on walks. It's boring going just by yourself. Well, one day I will be able to take my dog on walks too.

Monica said...

I always hated to go on walks all by myself too. I guess I could let you barrow Hope sometimes so that you didn't have to walk all alone. Maybe you should convince your parents to let you get a dog. I did see in the paper the other day some beagle puppies for sale.

Unknown said...

I wish my parents would let me have a dog, but that is out of the question. I will have to wait to get my puppy until I get married.

Monica said...

That is a shame that you can not get it now though. You just need to get Peter to hurry up or something. Maybe one of your sister-in-laws could watch it for you or something.