One of the most fun things that we did at the mall, or at least it was for me, was going to Build-A-Bear. I have been in that store a couple of times in other places but I have never really gotten to see them stuff the animals. Linda was so kind as to show me how it worked by getting us both a animal to go through the process with. We like the bunnies the most and I wanted mine to match hers because then they would be twins (like how we are spiritual twins). We even got ours stuffed at the same time which was so much fun to watch that.
Here Heather (she is wearing a black shirt) is helping her son fill in the bear that she picked out for him. I feel bad but you can not see her little girls face in the stroller watching. Heathers son was so excited to get a bear but once we were all done he could not wait to get out of the store. It was just really funny. You can also see that Liz even got a bear too. I love what she named hers, Ginger.
After the animals are stuffed you take them to this really cute washing station so that you can get any extra fluff off of them or any loose fur. There is this really cool button that you step on that lets out all of this air to help. They even have brushes (what the bunnies are holding) to help you too. My bunny is on the left and Linda's is on the right. Don't they just look so cute?
Linda is helping to comfort her little fellow in that the bath tube is not scary but fun. While we were taking care of are little bunnies I found a loose string on mine so I went back to the guy that stuffed it for me and asked him to cute it. He was very nice and did it right away (while helping Heather's family stuff theirs).
My bunny is now finally all nice and clean and ready to be named. Not a very easy thing to do when you have to think very quickly. I just knew that my bunny was a girl bunny. I did finally decided on the name Holly Hoppy. I think that it is really cute and fits her well too.
Linda found this really cute hat that looked great on her bunny (a boy) and so she ended up getting it and I got a red hat for mine. So they are totally twin bunnies! Linda named her bunny Peter Cotton-Tail. I just love that name so much because it is just great. I still could not believe all of the things that they have in that store that you can do with your animals. They even have it where you get a birth certificate for it. That is where you are forced to name it on the spot and I had to think really fast.
This is the saddest part of it all. When I got home, I was so excited to show Michael what I got and when I opened the box it looked fine. I held up the bunny for him to see and then saw this opening in his back. I guess that they guy that stuffed him did not tie the back strings tight enough because they came undone. I was going to cry because it was such a sweet rabbit with a happy memory to it that Michael quickly took it from me and fixed it. He is so kind to me and I'm glad that he loves me so much as to fix my little rabbit. Holly is fine now and she has not needed to have back surgery again but I am still going to keep a close eye on her for a few more days. I'm sure that her lucky rabbit's feet will come in handy too.
Here Heather (she is wearing a black shirt) is helping her son fill in the bear that she picked out for him. I feel bad but you can not see her little girls face in the stroller watching. Heathers son was so excited to get a bear but once we were all done he could not wait to get out of the store. It was just really funny. You can also see that Liz even got a bear too. I love what she named hers, Ginger.
After the animals are stuffed you take them to this really cute washing station so that you can get any extra fluff off of them or any loose fur. There is this really cool button that you step on that lets out all of this air to help. They even have brushes (what the bunnies are holding) to help you too. My bunny is on the left and Linda's is on the right. Don't they just look so cute?
Linda is helping to comfort her little fellow in that the bath tube is not scary but fun. While we were taking care of are little bunnies I found a loose string on mine so I went back to the guy that stuffed it for me and asked him to cute it. He was very nice and did it right away (while helping Heather's family stuff theirs).
My bunny is now finally all nice and clean and ready to be named. Not a very easy thing to do when you have to think very quickly. I just knew that my bunny was a girl bunny. I did finally decided on the name Holly Hoppy. I think that it is really cute and fits her well too.
Linda found this really cute hat that looked great on her bunny (a boy) and so she ended up getting it and I got a red hat for mine. So they are totally twin bunnies! Linda named her bunny Peter Cotton-Tail. I just love that name so much because it is just great. I still could not believe all of the things that they have in that store that you can do with your animals. They even have it where you get a birth certificate for it. That is where you are forced to name it on the spot and I had to think really fast.
This is the saddest part of it all. When I got home, I was so excited to show Michael what I got and when I opened the box it looked fine. I held up the bunny for him to see and then saw this opening in his back. I guess that they guy that stuffed him did not tie the back strings tight enough because they came undone. I was going to cry because it was such a sweet rabbit with a happy memory to it that Michael quickly took it from me and fixed it. He is so kind to me and I'm glad that he loves me so much as to fix my little rabbit. Holly is fine now and she has not needed to have back surgery again but I am still going to keep a close eye on her for a few more days. I'm sure that her lucky rabbit's feet will come in handy too.
6 comments:
I love the build a bear workshop!!! That was a lot of fun! We should have taken a picture of the bunnies together with the hats and bows on them to really show that they were twins. Thanks for coming!!!
I love that store too, now!!! You are so right that we should have but it is a little to late now. I should say thank you for coming and making it extra fun.
I have been wanting to go there fir a LONG time.
Then you should go and have fun. What is stopping you really because I'm sure that you could talk Linda into taking you or something and then I could tag along too!
Sounds Fun. And coming up soon so I could ask my grandma to take me there at my birthday sleepover! :D
That is a wonderful idea to go there for you birthday. I hope that you have a lot of fun if you do get to go and you will have to let us all know how it goes as well.
Post a Comment