Friday, December 13

Families Here To Spoil

I am super excited to have this little girl come to our family soon but I am having a hard time waiting.  I decided one way to fill the time is to have Seth help me make a special gift for her.
 
We went to a black Friday sale at a fabric store and Seth picked out the front fabric for her to cuddle with.

I knew for the backing I wanted to try my hand at quilting with some Minky fabric since I have never worked with the stuff before.  Thankfully it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.  I did a really simple square quilting "stitch in the ditch" technique and I am thrilled that no puckering happened for the entire blanket.  Seth was also a really big helper and was right there with me the entire time I was sewing.  Once I was finished with the blanket he did a simple kid test for me and he loved the backing.  I think eventually I'll have to make him his own blanket with this stuff one day.

Now when out shopping we came across this adorable outfit and I just couldn't leave the store without it.  It's the best!  We also had to get this little girl her own ducky to have so she can cheer her aunt on when running her races.

This outfit daddy got for his little girl from his very first business trip.  I think it is pretty cute and I love how it has long sleeves so she will stay a little warmer this winter.

This last outfit I love!  It was a surprise gift from one of my sisters.  I can't wait to see our little girl in it and you know what the best part of the outfit is?  THE DAISY'S!!!  That is my favorite flower so I can tell you she will be wearing this dress a lot.