Tuesday, December 31

Birthday Star

I hate cooking when pregnant.  So many smells that I can't stand anymore and to many temptations when it comes to something sweet that I use to love.  I really, REALLY wanted to buy Seth a birthday "smash" cake but we didn't quite have enough money to do that so we I made a cake for him.  Well they were more like fun shaped cup cakes really.  We had gotten two new pan shapes that I wanted to see if they would work or not.  One was a heart, which will probably be used for our little girls first birthday, and the other a star.  It took me over THREE hours to make all of these mini cup cakes.  I'm just glad that I will only have to do this once or twice a year.
 
Thankfully when my sweet hubby got home he made the frosting and covered them.  Good thing too or else they would have no frosting since I was really feeling sick at this point and had to be in a different room for awhile to get away from the smell.

Now I was at least a good mother and decorated the kitchen for my little guys birthday.  I think it is pretty good for the amount of energy I have now a days.  At least he was happy with it as you can see.

He was a really good sport about us lighting up his cake and waiting to get it while we sang, "Happy Birthday," to him.  We tried to get him to blow out the candle because he does know how to do that but he just wasn't up for it tonight.

Here is a closer view of all our hard work.  Such a lovely messy master piece to say the least.

At first he didn't know what to do with the cake which was pretty funny and cute.  He would just keep poking it over and over again with only one finger at a time.

Finally daddy put his hand more into it and that helped him get more comfortable with the idea of being a bit messy.

Once he had squished the cake enough we had to put pieces in his mouth to show him that he could actually eat this.  After that he enjoyed a few more pieces before decided it was more fun to play in then eat.  I guess I should be happy that I have such a health concise boy on my hands.

The lovely aftermath mess of a cake that took me awhile to make.  It was worth it to have him enjoy some special birthday fun time.

Now the best part of birthday cake, the sugar kicking in.  Lucky daddy cause he will be the one to put him to bed tonight.

No comments: