Thursday, December 26

The Nativity, Shared With Everyone

One of my favorite traditions, or at least it is becoming a favorite tradition, is to attend our stakes nativity display night.  I LOVE looking at everyone's nativities that they bring.  They are all so different but each of them are special and share the same wonderful message of our Lord and Savior being born.  I was super excited to share this new tradition with our little man.
 
He wasn't sure what to think of it at first but he did great a just looking and not grabbing at the nativities.

Each year I find some that I really like and just have to get a picture of them.  I took a picture of this one because I thought maybe Michael will be able to figure out how to make this for our kids so they can have a nativity of their own to play with while we read the story to them.

With being pregnant again for Christmas this year I haven't had a lot of energy.  Also with having an adorable son that is under one and likes to get into things I decided not to put our nativity out since I didn't want him to brake it (we only have one) and I couldn't find a place high enough to display it either.  Because it couldn't be on display in our home I took it to the stake event and put it up their for everyone to enjoy.  It made me feel really good to be able to actually take part in it this year.

Finally I found this really cool way to display a small nativity that I love.  You put lights under an upside down glass bowl.  Who ever thought of this was BRILLIANT!  I am hoping to try it out myself one year.  Other then just looking at the nativities we enjoyed some art that displayed the Saviors birth, life and death.  We also listen to a great Christmas musical performance before we left.  I do with they did this for more then just one night but I guess it gives me something to look forward to again next year.

No comments: