Tuesday, December 31

Santa's Deer

One of my most favorite family traditions we have for Christmas time is seeing Santa's reindeer, Prancer and Dancer.  Michael and I have done this every year since we moved here and I wasn't going to let this tradition go for anything.  Michael has a super big project at work that he is trying to get done before the baby is born so he won't have to stress about it and leave me before I'm ready so he has been working weekends.  Well I told him one weekend he was going to have to go in late because we were doing this together as a family.  I also really wanted to see how Seth would react to such large animals close up too.
 
For the start we let him look from a distance.  I think he was a little surprised at how they are bigger then his two dogs.  He was pretty content to just watch them walk around in the pin.

After a little while we took him to a closer spot so he could see them better.

I just love this picture.  Even though I'm short I was able to get on my tippy toes and have the camera up over the bars so you could see the deer.

Okay, my son is too good looking for his own good, probably.  While we were there this stranger came up and gave Seth some reindeer food to make the deer come closer to him.  At first the animal didn't want to but then the guy that owns the deer made some kind of noise and it came over right away and went to Seth.  He was pretty excited about that.  Now since he is still little, and I want him to keep all of his fingers, daddy was the one who feed the reindeer this time.  Maybe next year we will let Seth do it while his sister watches.

When it was time to go Seth wasn't quite ready so we let him watch the deer a little longer.  I'm glad that he had a good time and that I am raising such a good animal lover too.

No comments: