Tuesday, December 31

Ultra Disappointed

 These last three appointments I have just been wanting to cry and cry because of some news I got.  It really makes me think that this little girl must hate me already or just really loves to be the boss right now and stress me out.
 
35 Weeks and 2 Days
Well to start, only a few days after this girl had turned head down she went right back to her comfy spot and was breached all over again.  When I heard that news I had a hard time listening to everything else they were telling me which isn't a good idea when you are seeing a specialist.  She is doing fine in all other regards so that is a blessing that I am thankful for.  The one scary part was when my doctor told me that I was going to need to schedule to have her turned within my 36 week mark.

35 Weeks and 5 Days
Another difficult and disappointing appointment for me.  This little girl is still breached and being very stubborn about it.  The ultra sound that was done was pretty quick but we couldn't get any picture of her because she was completely hiding her face.  Maybe she was having a bad day too.  Her movements had started to slow down the day before so I'm hoping that she was just tired or something.  She did clear her ultra sound test so I'm sure if something was wrong their they would have said something. 

My non stress test was quite interesting too.  This was the very first time that Michael has been able to go with me so I'm sure seeing what they do made a lot more sense then me just telling him about it.  For this test baby didn't want to do anything that they needed her to do.  She wasn't moving enough and her heart beat was kind of low so they used this black tool thing to shock my tummy to make her move and her heart beat go up.  Yeah, the first time it didn't work so they had to do it again.  The first time I jumped because I didn't know what to expect but the second time I was okay when they did that to me.

Finally when we got to see my doctor we had a very long talk with her.  She told me about our options to turn the baby around.  There was one thing that I could try at home and see if that worked or not for me or that she could turn the baby from the outside.  She explained the procedure very well and let me ask all the questions that I wanted.  She told me everything that could go wrong and that would require an emergency C-section.  She also let me know that if it didn't work I would have to be scheduled for a C-section.  At this point I wanted to cry but was good and held it in. 

I know for some people this doesn't seem like a big deal at all but let me tell you something about myself.  I have to get shots in my stomach three times a day.  I HATE needles (especially when they are coming at me to hurt me)!  So even the thought of someone cutting me open beyond horrifies me and makes me sick.  I have heard a lot of people say you do whatever you have to, to get the baby here but I feel like that just totally disregards my feelings in the matter.  Yes, I know I would have no choice but that doesn't make it any less scary for me.  One good thing is I thankfully have a husband that just listens and lets me cry on his shoulder when I need too.

36 Weeks and 2 Days
Well this appointment we at least got a picture of her.  She is looking strait at us while resting on her right arm.  She is still breached and not wanting to leave that spot.  One good news to me which my doctor wasn't happy to hear about is I have some extra fluid around her again.  It is good for me because it gives her more space to try and turn head down.  Not good for my doctor because he likes me to be in the perfect range all of the time.  My specialist doctor also wasn't happy to hear that the other doctor I see is going to wait until I am farther along to turn her around.  He told me some more facts about what it means to baby to wait that long and how they should be doing it now.  Although that can't happen since my other doctor just started her vacation.  Lucky me I know.  Now to just keep praying that she will turn around before my next appointment.

No comments: