I have come to the realization that Halloween isn't any fun without kids. This is the first time in years that I have had a blast. I was super excited to go to the ward trunk or treat party that they have for families since now we have a cute new family member that can enjoy it with us. I was also really excited to show off his costume that I made since I new this would be the only place and time that I would get to do so.
So many people loved his costume. YEAH!!! I had two people there take his picture because of how cute he looked. That sure made me feel a lot better about all the time and frustration I had from making it.
I still get a good chuckle when I see this picture. I just find it so funny how the batting stomach pushes up so that he can rest his head on it.
This year there was a dinner before the trunk or treating started. Seth was a good boy and tried a lot of new foods that night. So glad he takes after his daddy in that regard. After the meal there was a photo booth up on the stage that we went and did. Once we finished with that we went outside to finish decorating our car.
This was my second time decorating the trunk and I totally did a lot better this time around. I even had it matching Seth's costume! GO ME! I'm sorry that the picture isn't the greatest but you will be happy to know that I have learned that if you want all your hard trunk decoration work visible then park under a street light.
But really I don't care as long as I get to see a happy smile on my little guy. He just loved eating up all of the attention that night. Our car actually ran out of treats pretty quick so we had to shut it down for the night. Since we really didn't have anything else to do we decided to let Seth walk from car to car trunk or treating too.
He was much more interested in the people putting things into his pumpkin then what he was getting at the time. I so wish it could stay that way when he gets older but that is okay.
Daddy and Seth warming up in the church house. I will admit that I was an over protective momma that wanted my little man to stay warm since I wasn't sure how warm he would be in his costume only.
After all of the fun at the ward party he feel asleep as soon as we put him in the car with his special friend.
Of course I couldn't miss the chance to get a picture of the two penguins together. After all Mr. Penguino was the inspiration for Seth's first Halloween costume and now a new Halloween first tradition we will be doing with our next child.
With all the fun over, Seth was more then happy to look at and play with the candy that he got. He didn't get to eat any of it but that is okay with me. Now I can't wait for Halloween next year to see what he will do.
No comments:
Post a Comment