Monday, October 14

Extended Table Arm

This is probably the thing that I have wanted the most over the years and I'm so thrilled that I finally have it.  It is going to make a world of difference with my quilting. 
 
My amazing husband created an extended sewing table arm that fits my machine perfectly and helps quilts to lay flat while working on them.  I have always had the problem of my quilts hanging over the side and then with that weight pulling them down it makes it difficult to sew a good strait line.  I have managed over the years but it just wasn't fun to deal with.  Now I have this and it is a HUGE help.  I've already done a few other projects that weren't quilts and it worked great for them too.

Here is a closer view so you can see that he was great at rounding the edges so the quilts, or any other projects I do, wont snag on it.  I also love the color that he stained the wood.  I just like dark wood for some reason.  Now this was suppose to be my Christmas gift from him this year but he gave it to me early so I could get a few important projects done before this little girl arrives.  All I have to do now is find time to make it into my craft room to get them done.

No comments: