Traditions are so important to me but even more so when they are Seth's firsts. I was completely determined that this Halloween we would go to a pumpkin patch to pick out his first pumpkin (to carve). One of my area friends told me about a great place that she got her families pumpkins at and how it was at a great price. Funny enough we ended up going to my favorite local farmers place.
Here is just a small view of the pumpkin patch. There was another one further down but I wasn't sure if I would be okay walking that far since I was feeling a little sick/off that day. Sorry about Seth's funny face here but he was just waking up from a nap he had in the car. It was a busy day for him.
The best part was once Seth found a pumpkin his size that he liked he wouldn't let it be left behind. So he picked out his pumpkin all by himself.
The adorable little man showing off his very first pumpkin. He wasn't so happy when we had to move him away to cut it off the vine but he was glad when he got it back.
Now even though our little girl isn't with us in person I feel she is with us in spirit so we picked out a cute little white pumpkin for her. Seth was also a nice helper in picking out the pumpkin.
We ended up getting seven pumpkins even though we aren't a large family. One for daddy, mommy, Hope, Faith, Seth, baby sister and then one to cook up for pie later on. It was fun to walk the patch and pick them out. I must say a lot easier then going to a store and digging through the box of pumpkins they have in town that aren't as pretty shaped.
Before we left the patch I had to get a picture of the great marker they had so you knew where the pumpkin patch was. Seth was a little confused by it but at least he wasn't scared of it.
Before we left we weighed all of our pumpkins and paid. I even got to talk with the farmer and he remembered me from the last time I was there. I can't tell you how much that made my day. It was a lot of fun talking with him before we left and I'm excited to go back next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment